Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:51 PM   #1

Hi, I have a Canon 20D with a 550 EX and the battery grip. Whe do you guys reccomend for a Flash Flip Bracket ? Thanks

Zen
Zendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2006, 8:11 PM   #2

http://www.tiffen.com/Header_page_Stroboframe.htm

I use the Camera Flip with my Nikon D70s and Nikon SB-600 Speedlight.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2006, 2:47 AM   #3

I use a Stroboframe Quick Flip 350 with my 20D. You will also need a Canon off-camera shoe chord 2, which you may already know.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2006, 9:09 AM   #4

My opinion,

The Stroboframe PRO-T or PRESS-T bracket is the absolute best because it is designed that you hold the camera and not the bracket. The difference between the two brackets is the PRO-T puts the flash two inches higher the the PRESS-T. With either bracket you can hold the camera with your right hand and use your left hand to hold the lens steady. As you probably already know that you need to steady a zoom lens to avoid lens creep when shooting up or down.

I personally use a PRESS-T bracket on my D200 Nikon. The Nikon SB-8oo Nikon flash is attached to the camera with a NikonSC-29 TTL cord. The flash flips very easy and the whole unit feels very sturdy and solid.

Ronnie

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:20 PM   #5

and you guys are using the batter grip? I know some say that they won't work with it
Zendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 8:20 AM   #6

Like Bob NicholI use the Camera Flip and love it. No, my battery grip (not a Canon but along the same design) will NOT work with it. This does not deter me because 1) the standard Lithium-Ion battery on my camera is very good (and I carry a spare) and 2) by the timeImountthe camera, frame, grip, cable and flash I've created not so much a camera-flash system but a Bowflex machine for my left arm.The camera flip keeps the flash centered exactly over the lens and I've been able to modify it (using a sawed-off spare bracket from my flash) to accommodate a handle-mount Sunpak 544 like Stroboframe's pro model (for half the money). SoI have a battery grip with a vertical shutter release that I can't use in this situation. Honestly, for asmany yearsas I've been shooting I naturally curl my hand around the camera and use the top-mounted release by force of habit even when I have the grip attached!
stowaway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 8:38 AM   #7

Zendragon wrote:
Quote:
and you guys are using the batter grip? I know some say that they won't work with it
My stroboframe Quick Flip 350 will adjust to a tad over 8" between the camera mount bracket and the bottom of the flash mount. Should be plenty of room for your grip. but take a measurement with you off camera shoe and grip attached to be sure. My 20D is about 5 1/4" tall with the off camera show attached.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote