Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Jul 26, 2007, 2:51 PM   #1

What are my options for a top mountedExternal Flash Unit for the Canon PowerShot A640?
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2007, 8:24 AM   #2

Try the Sunpack 383 hot shoe flash. I use it on a Fuji S-9100 and it works very well. The thing I like about it is that it has an aut setting anf in total darknes I can just attach it and start shooting without having to set controls first. Very nice results and you can vary to the output from 1/8 to full power as needed.

Also based on my use of the flash over a 2 month period you should get 2 sets (4 each) of 250mha or 2700mha rechargeables for it.

Hope this helps

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 8:40 AM   #3

Thank you, that looks like a great flash. How would does it attach to the camera?
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 8:44 AM   #4

You cannot mount an external flash onto your camera since the camera does not have a flash hot shoe attachment. Your only option to have a more powerful external flash is to get a digital slave flash that would be triggered by the camera's onboard flash. See this post and others:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=53
edwardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 6:15 AM   #5

Photo 5 wrote:
Quote:
Try the Sunpack 383 hot shoe flash. I use it on a Fuji S-9100 and it works very well. The thing I like about it is that it has an aut setting anf in total darknes I can just attach it and start shooting without having to set controls first. Very nice results and you can vary to the output from 1/8 to full power as needed.

Also based on my use of the flash over a 2 month period you should get 2 sets (4 each) of 250mha or 2700mha rechargeables for it.

Hope this helps

dave
:blah:Very great~!
Keep up the great work~!
xiuyan is offline   Reply With Quote