Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Dec 6, 2007, 8:58 AM   #1

The batteries in a Sunpak 383 flash must be inserted into its chamber in a certain way. There is semblance information inside the chamber, but it is difficult to read. The batteries last me a long time and I, in my advanced age and worn out synapses, have trouble remembering the battery order once I have removed them. I devised a simple way to assist my limping brain. Alongside the battery chamber, on the inner face of the flash under the battery door, I placed a scrap of masking tape with a drawing showing the appropriate battery ends written with a fine-end magic marker. Perhaps your flash can be made easier to use by some similar marking. I am going to try to include a photo showing the method as a further explanation ........Old Engineer
Attached Images

Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:35 AM   #2
Administrator

There are pros and cons to proprietary batteries.

But, one thing I appreciate about newer cameras that use a single Lithium Ion battery is that I don't have to fumble around with multiple batteries, trying to make sure I insert them correctly. :-)

The tiny +- signs they put in battery compartments are usually hard to see.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:50 PM   #3

JimC wrote:
Quote:
There are pros and cons to proprietary batteries.

But, one thing I appreciate about newer cameras that use a single Lithium Ion battery is that I don't have to fumble around with multiple batteries, trying to make sure I insert them correctly. :-)
But those batteries always seem to cost a lot more. Then your also a slave to that battery (and price). Someday someone will make 4000 or 5000mha AAs and you'll insert them once and shot all day long and not have to fumble with them in the field

I too use the sunpack 383 and yes the markings are hard to read. I did somerthing similar to what you did. i put athin piece of red tape inside the two area where the + part of the battery is up and that works for me.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote