Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:21 PM   #1

Default Olympus FL-40 manual settings

Hello

I own an Olympus C-750 UZ camera. The main reason for buying this camera was it's ability to zoom up to 10X optically and an external hotshoe for the the flash. I hardly use its digital zoom....

As my workplace is in a shopping complex, I have many opportunities to capture live performances 2 floors away from the stage , roughly at about 12 to 15 metres away. However, most of the time, the lighting for the stage were poor!

My problem is that when at maximum zoom, i can't set my fl-40 to its maximum GN of 40. The best was at zoom range of 11 metre as per the info shown on the flash (It overrides the manual setting when attached to the hotshoe). Therefore, the pictures I took were quite dimmed.

Is there a way to disable the auto TTL mode when attached to the hotshoe? Most importantly, will the flash fire under such circumstances?

Thanks
jackyuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2003, 6:51 AM   #2

Press the MODE button to MANUAL, and the T/W button to TELE.
Skiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 7:06 PM   #3

Thanks
jackyuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:26 PM   #4
lg

I'm a bit puzzled why you can't get the maximum guide number when using the FL-40 in Auto-TTL with your Olympus camera. The beauty of this unit is that it automatically zooms the flash head to tele (GN=40) when you zoom in with your camera. It does with my camera, so I would assume it will with yours. Just make sure you turn the power on to the camera and connect your flash before powering up the flash and the flash should come up automatically in Auto-TTL mode. If anyone else who has a 750 and FL-40 could comment, this may be helpful.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote