Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:02 PM   #11

Jack,

I've got an older version ofthis flash

http://www.promaster.com/products/pr...roduct=7500EDF

fora Konica Minolta shoe.You can get it in a Pentax dedicated versionalso. It performs better on my KM A200 than the AF360 does on my K100D. I know that's not an equal comparison, but it does a nice job. And has better features - tilt and swivel where the AF360 only tilts, more powerful GN and it has the secondary fill flash for when the main flash head is tilted for bounce. It has some of the same wireless features as the AF360. Down side is that you might not be able to set it to Auto mode to aovid the pre-flash in p-TTL mode.

Regardless, if you are looking for an alternative, this might work in the same price range as the Sigma 530. I'm not sure about availability in the UK.

This is about the only place I know of that sells them:

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=88469

Disclaimer: Since mine is dedicated for Konica Minolta I can not verify performance for the Pentax version.

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:30 PM   #12

thanks for help
v2d8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 4:53 AM   #13

a200user wrote:
Quote:
Jack,

I've got an older version ofthis flash

http://www.promaster.com/products/pr...roduct=7500EDF

fora Konica Minolta shoe.You can get it in a Pentax dedicated versionalso. It performs better on my KM A200 than the AF360 does on my K100D. I know that's not an equal comparison, but it does a nice job. And has better features - tilt and swivel where the AF360 only tilts, more powerful GN and it has the secondary fill flash for when the main flash head is tilted for bounce. It has some of the same wireless features as the AF360. Down side is that you might not be able to set it to Auto mode to aovid the pre-flash in p-TTL mode.

Regardless, if you are looking for an alternative, this might work in the same price range as the Sigma 530. I'm not sure about availability in the UK.

This is about the only place I know of that sells them:

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=88469

Disclaimer: Since mine is dedicated for Konica Minolta I can not verify performance for the Pentax version.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks for that info, I've just done a quick check re. availability here in the UK ... up to now results are zilch. Shipping from the US will obviously add to expense

I'm tending to favour the Metz 48 AF-1, from reports I've read by non-Pentax users so far, it seems to have a good performance, and is readily available here at a good

price, I need to do more research on the Sigma model, and it's availability here before making any decision. No big rush at the moment. Thanks again ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:23 AM   #14

Just for anyones interest, I finished up buying the Metz 48 AF-1, up to press I've only mastered it's basic use, which will satisfy most of my needs ... I'll learn other

functions as needed.I was pleased to find a UK source making a good price reduction ... 39% saving quoted. I've found the unit relatively easy to use,

Specification as below shows it has most if not all of the desirable functions. ... Jack
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote