Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:49 AM   #11

Default Thanks

After getting rid of the corrosion, it still wasn't getting enough power. Turning on and firing are two different things. Once I got the batteries ALL facing right direction, FLASH, just like in the 90's.

THANKS again for all your suggestions and ideas. They really gave me desire to pursue the problem. My Grandaughter is the real benefactor since she will be using my old equipment in a Class @ School.
CGEORGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:59 AM   #12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGEORGE View Post
After getting rid of the corrosion, it still wasn't getting enough power. Turning on and firing are two different things. Once I got the batteries ALL facing right direction, FLASH, just like in the 90's.
I almost asked you that (if you were sure the batteries were inserted properly), but since you heard the "whining" of the cap charging, I figured they properly were.

That's one thing I dislike about the need for multiple AA batteries. It's too hard to read the tiny +- signs in order to get them all inserted correctly. I guess I'll need to get some reading glasses or bifocals (since I already wear glasses) at some point. My eyes are not as good as they used to be.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:45 AM   #13

A good tip, even with newish guns is to power up and test fire the flash a couple of times to keep the gun in tip top condition. This also applies to studio flash. I bet Georges gun is not up to standard even tho` it does flash.
oldfella is offline   Reply With Quote