Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:16 AM   #11

Sarah,

Thanks for the photo example. It would be interesting to see the difference of the flash on the Pentax K-x and your Metz, using the same subject. The METZ that you bought, does it simply do everything that Pentax flash would do, TTL and all? I presume that Pentax has their "own" flash, but I am glad you wrote about the METZ. All the best. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:59 PM   #12

I think the picture looks great. The flash did fill the subject, no shadows and no over exposure. Good detail.

Tell me more on you experience with the Camera. Is it comfortable, Heavy, etc.

Sarah remember, I respect you opinion a lot....

Do you have one of yours sunset taken with this camera?

Armando
Zuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:03 PM   #13

armando-

Nope, no sunset photos. I only had the camera for about a week when it first came out to evaluate. So, I have only a few photos on file.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:13 PM   #14

I will be more patient, and wait for one of yours sunsets.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 2:28 AM   #15

Default Night shot

I've only had the K-x a short while, but think it was a great buy; plenty of easy to use controls, good size, weight and v.good performance. I think this is mainly due to the sensor being quite large compared to many DSLRs which are
about the same price and pixel rating, actually the F-x is better on those aspects.

Not a sunset, but a hand-held night shot;
Name:  Night-Kx.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  43.6 KB

also concerning the flash, the K-x built in flash works very adequately with the standard lens, for people shots and interior shots.
Name:  Intr-Kx.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  40.8 KB
Nikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:33 PM   #16

Nikko,

What was the setting on the night shot?

Looks really clear.

Great Pics. The night one show a really nice contrast....

Armando
Old Feb 26, 2010, 9:20 PM   #17

Here's a picture I took with mine. Dont get excited. Its my FIRST DSLR picture EVER, and it was the first one I took with this camera. But I like it. It shows the detail.

selfemployeddebtfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:35 AM   #18

selfemployeddebtfree-

Welcome to the Forum. We're glad you dropped by.

Your photos are fuzzy and unfocused because you have exceeded the close-up range of your camera. They could be very good, if the camera had been able to focus the shot.

What kind of camera was being used? Did you use the Close-up or Macro mode? It appears that flash was also used as well. When you have reflective surfaces, you must be careful in how you set up the shot to avoid reflections.

You are on the right track, you just need to make a few adjustments.(1) Make sure you are at a distance where your camera can focus. (2) Check for reflective surfaces. (3) Frame the photo carefully. Here is a photo sample of what you are looking for. This photo was taken without flash, due to the many reflective surfaces.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:10 PM   #19

The second picture was horrible. The camera zoomed in on the car in the back in the middle and blurred all the others. I was going to delete the link, but somehow accidentally let it slide. (My appologies, I should have double checked before I submitted.) I personally liked the first shot. I haven't seen many macro diecast car shots that were any better, and I collect these, so i see thousands of pictures of these cars a year. I didn't use the macro feature, I just picked it up and squeezed the button. Automatic.
I used the Pentax K-x in red, per the title of the thread.
There was a spec of blurring, especially on the top right corner of the car. Once I learn how to use the macro on this camera, and once I get one of those light rings, I'm sure it will take even better pictures. But I thought for a first time DSLR picture, it wasn't half bad. I'm no photographer though, so I may not know the proper way to judge pictures yet.
Speaking of which, can anyone recommend a good MINI-tripod? Most of my pictures for sales are taken a foot or two away from an item, and the mini-tripod I have is a piece of cheap chinese-made junk. The large tripod I have is nice, but it's TOO large. I'd love a mid sized made for taking pictures of items close to the ground that doesn't extend any higher than maybe 2 feet to save on size and ease of carrying.
selfemployeddebtfree is offline   Reply With Quote