Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Dec 25, 2003, 9:34 PM   #1

Default Questions on Sigma 500 DG Super flash

I'm thinking of getting a second flash...and about the only thing I can afford is the Sigma 500 DG Super. But - I can only get it mail-order so I have some questions prior to buying since I can't try it.

Regarding rear/second curtain sync - how is this activated and how would this work on a digital Rebel? I gather that the flash is menu driven is this an option?

Has anyone used it as a master to trigger a 420EX as a slave?

thx in advance
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 25, 2003, 10:02 PM   #2
NHL

Quote:
Regarding rear/second curtain sync - how is this activated and how would this work on a digital Rebel? I gather that the flash is menu driven is this an option?
The 2nd curtain is activated from the menu on the camera (and not on the flash)... ie the sync command is issued from the camera's closing the curtain (the flash wouldn't know the difference), and moderate by the camera's electronic as to when to shut-off its output for the correct amount of lighting.

The EF 500 DG Super works as both a Master or Slaves!
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/flashes.htm
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2003, 9:13 AM   #3

thx,

i couldn't figure out how the flash could know enough to sync to the second curtain if the camera didn't communicate to it. My Elan 7 has the menu option and I'm familiar with it. I never used it enough for it to be important enough to go to the 10D over the digiRebel.

I knew the digital Rebel didn't do this on camera but I was wondering if it was like FEC and could be controlled of the flash as well.
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote