Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Jan 21, 2004, 1:02 PM   #1

Default Flash Unit for Panasonic DMC-FZ10

I'm looking for a flash unit for the Panasonix DMC-FZ10. I called Panasonic directly and they wanted $229!! :shock: The same unit is selling in Tokyo for 15,000 yen (approx. $150) also directly from Panasonic. What the heck is up with the mark up?
surfwidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2004, 1:05 PM   #2

Try the Sunpack 383 super. I bought one and so did many others. In general everyone is satisfied with its performance and price.

Trigger voltage is safe as well.

Here's a link to Ritz.com. This will allow you to read up on the specs It sells for $99.US but can be found for cheaper on the WW Web..
Jacques321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2004, 2:34 AM   #3

Default External Flash for Panasonic DMC-FZ10

I purchased the Phoenix D92-BZS TTL Digital Zoom Slave flash unit for my FZ10. The flash is quite inexpensive and works nicely with any digicam (I have used it on my FZ10 and my friends Nikon Coolpix 5700), whether the camera has an external hot-shoe or not. The unit is a slave with options for either one or two flash digital cameras. It is activated remotely by the lame on camera flash or can be used on the cameras hot-shoe. At $60 it is a great bargain. Admittedly, it is not made on a quality level with Nikon or Canon flash units but it doesn't carry the $300 price tag either.

I got mine online at Smile Video out of New York City.
www.smilephotovideo.com
Service was prompt.

Kent Brown
West Valley City, Utah[/url]
Brown_67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:41 PM   #4

I bought the Panasonic flash unit for this camera. They are available now. Pricing was ok, particularly since the hotshoe is not proprietary, and it is a choice to go for the panasonic unit. Seems well made. It appears to have a reasonable range and an extra diffuser for wide angle or diffuse light which stores conveiniently on the flash head, won't get lost. I like to take macro shots frequently.
I could use some general flash tips and pointers for this flash.

Seems to be an auto mode, an auto up close macro mode down to about a foot distance (1/3 meter) and two strenghts for manual mode, one with a guide number for distance and another for intermediate distance. Is this correct? I did read the instructions at least once. I'm still digesting. I need to play with it this weekend.

Has a test fire button. And a blink light to show that the subject was within range for auto flash.

Is there a simple way to use this for daylight fill flash?

Thanks
miller342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 1:50 AM   #5

Has anyone tried to use the Metz 36-C2 on the FZ10? Does it work? Thanks.
Famo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2004, 4:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller342
I bought the Panasonic flash unit for this camera. They are available now. Pricing was ok, particularly since the hotshoe is not proprietary, and it is a choice to go for the panasonic unit. Seems well made. It appears to have a reasonable range and an extra diffuser for wide angle or diffuse light which stores conveiniently on the flash head, won't get lost. I like to take macro shots frequently.
I could use some general flash tips and pointers for this flash.

Seems to be an auto mode, an auto up close macro mode down to about a foot distance (1/3 meter) and two strenghts for manual mode, one with a guide number for distance and another for intermediate distance. Is this correct? I did read the instructions at least once. I'm still digesting. I need to play with it this weekend.

Has a test fire button. And a blink light to show that the subject was within range for auto flash.

Is there a simple way to use this for daylight fill flash?

Thanks
Which flash did you get, in the end, PE-36S or the PE-28S? Also, where did you get it from? Trying searches for the model numbers and getting practically no hits other than mentions of the PE-28S in reviews for the FZ10.
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote