Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Sep 26, 2002, 11:49 AM   #1

Default E100RS flash

I am contemplating the purchase of an Olympus E100RS strictly for action shooting, mostly sports. I shoot high school football (night), basketball (indoors) and baseball (daytime). My main question centers on external flash. Is the FL-40, or any other flash you know of, capable of working with this camera in the "burst" mode? My next question concerns whether or not this camera will fill my needs but perhaps I need to ask it in another place. I thank you very much for your time.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2002, 11:21 PM   #2

bluesman,

Quote:
Is the FL-40, or any other flash you know of, capable of working with this camera in the "burst" mode?
I don't know about the FL-40, but my Metz 45CT-4 offer a "winder mode" ( in reference to SLR winder motor) , which is a reduced power manual mode. While the manual claims a conservative 2fps , by testing, I see that it can keep up easily to about 4-5 fps.
It's ok with my D7i normal hi mode (2 fps) , but in UHS 7 fps , there is no sync signal! So check this on that cam before you go further if it's your main expectation.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2002, 8:44 AM   #3

I have an E100RS , i love mine!
Outside shots are great with nice sunlight , night shots still working on that.
Inside shots of basketball , ive got good pics only when the gym lighting is good. Im taken volleyball pics right now and the gym is terrible on lighting. you can look at some of my shots , have tons on sports shots, softball, baseball,football,basketball,motorcycles,4wheelers , still shots too.
www.pbase.com/wvyankeegurl
wvyankeegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 2:27 PM   #4

Default Re: E100RS flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
I am contemplating the purchase of an Olympus E100RS strictly for action shooting, mostly sports. I shoot high school football (night), basketball (indoors) and baseball (daytime). My main question centers on external flash. Is the FL-40, or any other flash you know of, capable of working with this camera in the "burst" mode? My next question concerns whether or not this camera will fill my needs but perhaps I need to ask it in another place. I thank you very much for your time.
On my e100rs, the Metz 45cl4 (latest version), worked perfectly, just under 5fps, in winder mode. But with rechargeble power pack, not with alkaline batteries.
You can find these flashes, second hand, the only extra you need is an special cable from olympus, with an xout contact.
Otherwise you also can buy the original fl40, expensive, need of an extra grip, and not as powerfull!!!
Rudy
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2002, 6:20 PM   #5

On my e100rs, the Metz 45cl4 (latest version), worked perfectly, just under 5fps, in winder mode. But with rechargeble power pack, not with alkaline batteries.
You can find these flashes, second hand, the only extra you need is an special cable from olympus, with an xout contact.
Otherwise you also can buy the original fl40, expensive, need of an extra grip, and not as powerfull!!!
Rudy[/quote]

Do you the Cable number for the Xout Contact? CB01,02,03,04,05?

thanks
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2002, 4:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman
Rudy
Do you the Cable number for the Xout Contact? CB01,02,03,04,05?

thanks[/quote]

Sorry, the package is long gone.... But you can ask Olympus.
There is also the possibilty, to nuy the sca3000 cable, with the sca320x for olympus, then you have the same flash shoe as the e10 range. That gives you the possibility to use another kind of cable from olympus, but then you can also work wireless, if you let the internal flash on.
Greetzz
Rudy
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2002, 11:48 AM   #7

LotusElise,
I had replaced the Nicad batteries with NiMH in my bat rack, and it's wonderful! triple your gas tank for the long run

http://www.pbase.com/kcan/metz4540_battery_pack
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2002, 8:33 PM   #8

Say, Bluesman: I went to www.metz.de and hunted and pecked a little bit to find out what Metz says you need. Results follow:

Manufacturer: Olympus

Modell: E-100RS + Olympus FL-BK01 und FL-CB01

Flash guns: mecablitz 45 CL-4

Adapter: SCA 3202

Hope this helps you in your quest.

Damien*
Epson 3100Z, Metz 32Z-2
Damien* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2002, 2:23 AM   #9
lg

I'm looking at purchasing a ProMaster 5750 DX for my C-2100 in the near future. You might want to take a look at it. Also, check out this thread where this has been discussed earlier.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote