Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Sep 10, 2004, 4:55 PM   #1

i bought a bower 724afm off of ebay for 50 dollars...the listing said it was compatible with the z1 but after it arrived i cant get it 2 work...not sure if their is a setting or something on the camera that im not using..please somebody help...here is the link of the flash i bought on ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:B:EOAB:US:6 any kind of information would be appreciated....thanks candiddubbz
candiddubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2004, 10:54 PM   #2

I don`t know the camera, but at least, does it flash with the test button , if there is one ?
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 12:48 AM   #3

Something is weird...when I did a Google search I came up with an add from the same people, and it said that the 724AFM was Nikon dedicated TTL:
http://www.reviewsforcameras.com/items/3834825873.html

Also, looking at your Ebay link, they have a *** beside the listing which includes the Z1, but they don't say what the *** refers to (usually it means there's a footnote which explains some limitation).

I'd go back to the seller and ask what's going on as they made the claim that it would work with your camera...maybe it will only work with your camera in manual mode. Do the pins actually seem to line up (the Minolta has a proprietary hotshoe).
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 3:22 AM   #4

yes it works with the test button....and the pins line up perfect...jus nothing when u hook it up 2 that camera...must be a minolta problem...wanting me 2 buy their flash....thanks for the responses
Old Sep 23, 2004, 9:26 PM   #5

just got a new minolta flash 3600hs cost 3 times as much as the cheap one i bought but hope it works really good with my cam....have just messed around with it for a few minutes.....thanks for all of your alls help....
Attached Images