Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Sep 11, 2004, 8:00 PM   #1

I want to install the 5th battery holder, but I can't get the original battery (4 battery) compartment lid off, per Nikon's instructions on page 64 of their manual. I've tried sliding it off backwards as their manual states and can only get the lid back to the index marks. The lid goes no further and I don't want to force it and have something break. I've tried lifting the lid when back to the index marks and gently pulling upward, but this also doesn't work. Would appreciate any ideas on how to get this lid off short of forcibly yanking it off and probably breaking something.
woodyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2004, 9:10 PM   #2

woodyed wrote:
Quote:
I want to install the 5th battery holder
I can't answer your question about the cover, but just curious, you really want to boost your flash voltage?
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2004, 7:40 AM   #3

I want the shortest recycle time that I can get and if this means that voltage and weight will be increased, so be it.
woodyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 1:45 PM   #4

Not my words, copied from Nikonians forums:

"The basics is this: with the flash body lying on its side, door upwards, on a table in front of you with the hot shoe to your right and the flash head to the left, open the door so that it forms a roughly 70 degree angle with the flash body. Grasp the door with the thumb and index finger of your right hand (assuming you are right handed, otherwise you'll have to rethink the directions, but you'd be used to that by now). Still holding the door at the 70 degree angle, rotate your wrist away from you. The hinge pin farther away from you will be pushed into the body of the flash, and the other pin will slide out of its pocket. It takes very little force."

The 5th battery is a Nikon factory sanctioned optional accessory - so it won't boost the voltage or do anything to harm the operation of the flash.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote