Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:25 AM   #11

jmadura wrote:
Quote:
I wonder how that bracket would work with the SB-600. Ideas anyone? I am wondering about how it world work with me holding the flash itself rather than some handle. I do like the less weight idea a lot.

jon
It is quite simple. The bracket fastens to the tripod socket of the camera. You mount the cord I described to the camera hotshoe and to the end of the bracket. Then just fit the SB600 into the end of the cord on the end of the bracket.

Couldn't be simpler.
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 7:46 AM   #12

I guess i asked the wrong question - my concern is holding the actual flash head for support as opposed to some handle. My purpose in moving the flash is to make it easier to support the unit with both hands. I'd hate to be holding the flash and have it seperate of otherwise break. IN my case the weight would be equally distributed between left and right hands -

then again for a few bucks we will find out - i will order that bracket this week and we will know.

cheers

jon
jmadura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 2:15 PM   #13

KCan : Thanks for your answer, I try the SL-22S in Manual mode, off the internal and use the " external, allways on ", and the flash work, the CP 8800 fire the light but with no internal camera control at all, but can be used. like any other thertypart flash. from Panama, CArlitin :-)
Carlitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 9:29 PM   #14

Carlitin,
You can also use generic flash with several partial power settings in manual mode, and several F stop settings in Auto mode, this give you much more flexibility comparing to only one full power choice.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 9:37 PM   #15

jmadura wrote:
Quote:
my concern is holding the actual flash head for support as opposed to some handle. My purpose in moving the flash is to make it easier to support the unit with both hands. I'd hate to be holding the flash and have it seperate of otherwise break. IN my case the weight would be equally distributed between left and right hands -
Beside a real handle mount flash, you can pic a better flash bracket like this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...284&is=REG

Better balance, and better grip

You can also look for used bracket, some old model are just great and robust.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote