Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Dec 23, 2004, 4:13 PM   #1

Hi,

I have a Panasonic FZ20, Sunpak 383 and Sunpak DS20. The DS20 works as an optical slave. I would like to get the 383 off the camera, for example so that I can have the two flashes positioned on either side of me as I shoot. I would like to trigger the 383 with a sync cord with the DS20 triggered as an optical slave, with no flash on the camera itself. So I need a hotshoe-tosync cord adapter, and a long extension cord. I am thinking at least 15 feet so it is flexible. But I'm a bit confused by thevarious types of sync cord. Each manufacturer seems to have its own type of adapter or plug or whatever.

Questions:

1. Can someone point me toa specifichotshoe adapter and a sync cord that can be used with my Sunpak 383?

2. Does anyone here use an infra red tirgger thingy on their camera's hotshoe and the 383 with a "peanut"optical slave plugged into it? That is the other idea I am considering.

Thanks!

Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2004, 5:05 PM   #2

FYI:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=53&page=2

Your 383 suppose to come with a sync cord, which plug in the 383 and terminate with a PC plug , which in turn can be pluged directly to this adapter :

Hot Shoe to PC Adapter
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...453&is=REG

This adapter give you a PC connection from the camera hotshoe.

In case you need more length , then you may add an sync extension cord (which has a male and a female PC at each end) :
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...Q=&ci=1214
I use a Kaiser 1425, 16' straight cord, but there are may length , coiled or straight available from several makers.

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 7:59 PM   #3

Thanks KCan. I didn't realize that the other end of the sync cord that comes with the 383 is a PC plug as opposed to a Sunpak-only plug. This simplifies things a lot. Thanks again!
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 9:07 PM   #4

Revolver wrote:
Quote:
Thanks KCan. I didn't realize that the other end of the sync cord that comes with the 383 is a PC plug as opposed to a Sunpak-only plug. This simplifies things a lot. Thanks again!
KCan solves a flash problem once again. :-)
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote