Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:09 AM   #1

Hi all, hope you had a good christmas,

I just got a sony hvl-f32x flash for my sony f828 (mounted on hot shoe) and everything seems fine except that it takes about 10 seconds to recover before i can use it again for the next shot. Is this normal for a flash? for this flash?

Thanks.
peter08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 9:13 PM   #2

peter08 wrote:
Quote:
Hi all, hope you had a good christmas,

I just got a sony hvl-f32x flash for my sony f828 (mounted on hot shoe) and everything seems fine except that it takes about 10 seconds to recover before i can use it again for the next shot. Is this normal for a flash? for this flash?

Thanks.
Depends on the batteries. Low batteries cause a longer recycle time. Another issue is settings. If you're running automatic (or even manual) settings and you've got it pumping out a lot of light, it's going to take a while to recharge. The capacitor may discharge completely, or close to it, and thus take quite a bit of time to get back to do another shot. Further, let's assume you're using auto at F2. If the capacitor is completely discharged, it'll just take a bit to get up to power. However, at an F8, a completely discharged capacitor will take a lot longer to get to the charge necessary to shoot off a flash.

It all depends on the charge characteristics of the capacitor, naturally, but the above should suffice.

If neither of these is the case you may have a bad flash.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote