Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old May 9, 2005, 9:49 AM   #1

Ihave a set of Britek strobesand one of the statedfeatures is the ability to trigger them with an IR flash. I am usinga Sony F828 and amlooking atthe "Sony HVL-IRM Nightshot Video Light" asa trigger for my strobes,will this work? on the IR emitter write up it mentions a "cold shoe" connection, does this mean that itcan't be used as a flash out of nightshot mode??

Any guidance will be much appreciated,

WG_TAK

wg_tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2005, 11:32 AM   #2

Hmm... two days no replies...maybe I'm asking the wrong question.

Does anyone know howthe IR emitter works? as in does it provide a constant ir light or does it flash when the shutter button is hit?

anyone...anyone..hello...
wg_tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 7:45 AM   #3

Same question...kinda...phrased differently

I am using a variety of off-camera flashes, in the past I've used them as fill lights, etc...they all trigger off the infrared pulse of my cameras
Problem is, with the F828, the flashes still go off, but I don't get any visible results in the picture. In fact, if I sheild the on camera flash so the remoste unit sees it (and flashes) but no light goes forward, the picture is completely dark.
QUESTION: How can I get the F828 to do what my other cameras did...that is (guessing here) NOT fire a pre-flash and simply fire the "important" one for the picture?
please email any ideas to [email protected]
strategicshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 4:13 AM   #4

Sync probs here. The camera fires two flash`s, the first too set up the requirements for a successful flash, the second too take the shot. But the slave flash`s do not know that. they trigger on the first flash. What you want is a small external flash attached too the camera sync and the camera flash off. This external flash only fires once and triggers the slave flash`s. BTW the studio flash`s I have are fitted with LDR sensors which will trigger with any flash light. It doesn`t have too be infra red.
geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote