Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Jun 4, 2005, 7:15 AM   #1

Due too popular demand:roll:I am submitting2circuits for perusal. Forgive the drawing , they make the cave drawings look artistic. Any further queriesyou can contact me at

[email protected]

BTW both circuits do exactly the same thing. The power supply on circuit 1 applies too circuit 2

geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2005, 7:19 AM   #2

geriatric wrote:
Quote:
Due too popular demand:roll:I am submitting2circuits for perusal. Forgive the drawing , they make the cave drawings look artistic. Any further queriesyou can contact me at

[email protected]

BTW both circuits do exactly the same thing. The power supply on circuit 1 applies too circuit 2

Typical of me, I forgot too enclose the circuits
Attached Images

Old Jun 4, 2005, 9:50 PM   #3

Geriatric

sure it will be useful for people here
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 1:48 AM   #4

Hi again

Ye gods, 50 replies and no interest . I think I am flogging a dead horse here. Maybe they don`t think they should be asking a mere LIMEY for advice.So I am withdrawing from this forum. A good forum tho` this idea of being able too attach a photo or a sketch is very good.

BTW

I purchased a MOC 3020 yesterday, less than £1. As it is stated that max current is 100ma, have you had no trouble discharging the trigger current thru it.?

Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:57 AM   #5

geriatric wrote:
Quote:
As it is stated that max current is 100ma, have you had no trouble discharging the trigger current thru it.?

Not at all. In fact, in my first design, the opto coupler drives an external SRC (the part number was washed out with years in the junk box :G, but I guess it's a 1 or 4 A rating) but then I think it's overkill , so I dropped this part.
Should be useful to remember (to our reader) that the trigger circuit is separated from the main flash discharging current flow, and use a much smaller capacitor .

But if it could bring peace of mind, you are right to worry, makethe coupler drive a 1 or 4 A SRC (another cheap chip) and you have an undestructible tank

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 12:59 PM   #6

I always used the sc106d, which as you know is a hefty brute. but purchasing another sc106d from another shop it was very small. I queried this but was assured it was the same. So I went on line called up thyristors and got loads of info. which confirmed they were the same ratings. So it just proves that big is not always beautiful.