Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Jul 16, 2005, 2:29 PM   #1

I have an Olympus c 770 camera and just recently bought a Phoenix slave flash. Even though it says it will work with red eye reduction flash it will only flash with the preflash for red eye reduction. When I contacted Phoenix itself it said no slave flash with work with red eye reduction. Also it was supposed to fit on my hot shoe, but when I tried to attach it would fit, but because of it's size I could bot pop up my built in flash. It came with a bracket, but when it is on the bracket than the flash is next to the camera. Shouldn't the slave flash be above the came and built in flash to work the best?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the slave flash to work properly with the red eye function. I have tried all the different mosed on the flash? I bought it because it claimed it would work with this and the fact I thought I would be able to sit it in the hot shoe.
ken212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2005, 3:27 PM   #2

ken212 wrote:
Quote:
Shouldn't the slave flash be above the came and built in flash to work the best?
No, it doesn't matter; as long as the sensor of the slave sees the light from the camera flash (directely or undirectely), it works.

IMO, if you have a hotshoe, use a "hotshoe connected" flash, why bother with a slave?

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 3:35 PM   #3

KCan-

Is that what they are called "hotshoe connected" flash or do they have another name. Thanks for the helpand I will look into it.

Ken
ken212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 3:57 PM   #4

Ken,

By "hotshoe connected" , I meant flashes that use the hotshoe to trigger it (some slave flash can operate via its hotshoe too ,may be it's yourcase).

Ever think about the FL20? it's a TTL flash, dedicated for your camera.
Or any manual/auto non dedicated flash (like vivitar, etc ....) connected to your hotshoe, add an extension cord if you like it on a bracket ...
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote