Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:24 AM   #101
Senior Member
 
Trique Daddi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 282
Default

Dude I don't need a manual. I have a different brand flash. I wanted to say to CWOdave that I think it is great of him to go out of his way to share information! That is what makes this forum such a unique place! The forum has spared a lot of us some very expensive mistakes.

Keep up the good work! Happy Shooting!

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:29 AM   #102
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1
Default

Are you still sending out the 383 manual? Sure would appreciate getting one.



[email protected]



Thanks, Gene
Gene Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2007, 5:05 PM   #103
Senior Member
 
cwodave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 220
Default

Gene Thomson wrote:
Quote:
Are you still sending out the 383 manual? Sure would appreciate getting one.



[email protected]



Thanks, Gene
I just sent it.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:09 PM   #104
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Default

i recently acquired a sunpak 383 external flash and was excited to give it a try. i'm new to flash photography, but wanted something i could experiment with bounce flash with. so i used it at a recent wedding i was photographing. i was using it in manual mode, which i don't know was the best mode to use it in, and i was adjusting the flash output on the flash to full power, 1/8, 1/16 depending on the shot. anyways, it was working fine and then suddenly i took a picture and it didn't go off... another one and it didn't go again. the light on the flash would be on to show it was ready to go off but it would not go off. then i would have to turn the flash itself on and off a couple times to get it to work again. it was really frustrating to stay calm and professional during all this. anyways, afterwards i was thinking of why this happened and all i could think of was that maybe the flash output (full power, 1/4, 1/8, etc) dial was not perfectly lined up with the number, which could've caused it to not go off and i just needed to be more careful to line it up correctly. after reading a bit now, i realize that manual mode may be better for fill flash and auto mode would be easier for the traditional shots, etc. if no one knows what's wrong with it, maybe i need to return it and see if it's a faulty flash itself. help me!
mnels288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 5:05 PM   #105
Senior Member
 
cwodave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 220
Default

mnels288 wrote:
Quote:
i recently acquired a sunpak 383 external flash and was excited to give it a try. i'm new to flash photography, but wanted something i could experiment with bounce flash with. so i used it at a recent wedding i was photographing. i was using it in manual mode, which i don't know was the best mode to use it in, and i was adjusting the flash output on the flash to full power, 1/8, 1/16 depending on the shot. anyways, it was working fine and then suddenly i took a picture and it didn't go off... another one and it didn't go again. the light on the flash would be on to show it was ready to go off but it would not go off. then i would have to turn the flash itself on and off a couple times to get it to work again. it was really frustrating to stay calm and professional during all this. anyways, afterwards i was thinking of why this happened and all i could think of was that maybe the flash output (full power, 1/4, 1/8, etc) dial was not perfectly lined up with the number, which could've caused it to not go off and i just needed to be more careful to line it up correctly. after reading a bit now, i realize that manual mode may be better for fill flash and auto mode would be easier for the traditional shots, etc. if no one knows what's wrong with it, maybe i need to return it and see if it's a faulty flash itself. help me!

I leave mine in AUTO/FULL and adjust the camera settings for the flash. This has worked for me. The only problem I had with mine not firing was caused by the cord between the flash and the camera. It wasn't making a good connection at the camera end.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:08 PM   #106
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Default



Hi CWOdave

I just bought aSunpak 383 (used) after reading so much about it.

Can I requesta copy of the manual pls?

Thanks !


[email protected]
Mostheinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:47 AM   #107
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Default

Hi CWOdave

I just gotaSunpak 383 AutoFlashlast month.

Can I requesta copy of the operation manual?

Thanks a lot!

my e-mail:
[email protected]
ccdfilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:57 PM   #108
Senior Member
 
cwodave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 220
Default

ccdfilm wrote:
Quote:
Hi CWOdave

I just gotaSunpak 383 AutoFlashlast month.

Can I requesta copy of the operation manual?

Thanks a lot!

my e-mail:
[email protected]
It's on the way.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:52 AM   #109
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Default

Hi Dave...
If the Send button on your computer still works, could you please send a copy of the Sunpak 383 manual to [email protected]?
Thanks in advance.
Tom K.
tomk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:12 AM   #110
Senior Member
 
cwodave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 220
Default

tomk wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dave...
If the Send button on your computer still works, could you please send a copy of the Sunpak 383 manual to [email protected]?
Thanks in advance.
Tom K.
I just sent it.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:38 PM.