Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:00 PM   #1

I just purchased a FujiFilm S7000. It's a decent enough camera, but the built-in pop-up flash is a little anemic. So,I started researching external flash units that will mount to the hot shoe on the camera.

The manual states in the section titled External flash settings for flashes with automatic flash control:"Select EXternal flash mode (TTL mode cannot be used). Match the settings to the camera aperture setting. Set the flash for the aperture setting measured by the camera. Match the sensity setting to the setting on the camera".

So, I'm guessing that you set the camera for manual and the automatic flash will meter the reflected light and shutdown the flash after the correct exposure is obtained. Do I understand that correctly?

Do you have any recommendations for external flash units that would work well in this scenario?

Thanks in advance!

KMorley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:17 PM   #2

KMorley123 wrote:
Quote:
So, I'm guessing that you set the camera for manual and the automatic flash will meter the reflected light and shutdown the flash after the correct exposure is obtained. Do I understand that correctly?

Do you have any recommendations for external flash units that would work well in this scenario?
Yes. it's correct.

There are tons of generic external flash for you to choose , Vivitar , sunpack, Metz , etc ... seach for a flash with several aperture settings possible, several manual partial power settings (if you plan to use in manual mode) , zoom head (manual of course) bouncing, tilting ...
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 6:05 AM   #3

Hi K!

As I own also the newer S9500, go with no hesitation/vacillation to a Sunpak 383...you will very hapy with it!

Cheers,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote