Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:24 AM   #71

I also have a Casio EX-Z750 and was considering the SunpakDigital Adapter Bracket

http://www.tocad.com/flash/diFlashAdapt.html

Has anyone found a slave trigger that works with the Z750?

ArchP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 2:18 AM   #72

Just too side track a bit. Seeing S J`s Polynesian dancers reminds me of an old joke. What do you call a souh Sea island prostitute ?

Answer a polythene bag.
geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 1:17 AM   #73

Until I reached the bottom of this thread, I thought that a slave flash is actually using two flash lights and one of them is a slave, but it seems to me this discussion focuses particularly on those cameras without a horse shoes and so the slave is an extension like.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 1:26 AM   #74

I know that there are commercial softboxes in sale. What if I wanted to make one, what material would I need to use to build one. Kind regards.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 9:05 AM   #75

Hey if this thread isn't dead... in this photo I had to place the players facing the sun to get enough light. I would have preferred not to but I am pretty new to this and I am just faking it... and hoping no one notices. Could I use a couple of slaves and take the shot in the shade or into the sun? Taken with Panasonic fz15. I had to get probably 50 feet away and maybe 15 feet upbecause they wanted the CC in the background.
Attached Images

Crosseyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 12:38 PM   #76

I am looking for a slave flash for my Nikon D50.

Just wondering if Sunpak DS-20 will work as a slave flash with Nikon D50 built-in-flashor not.

Else doing i need to go for Nikon's SB-600. If so can i also use it as a slave flash with the help of built-in-flash etc.
vsrinu30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 8:19 PM   #77

Yes it will!

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:22 PM   #78

Over all, I don't think that most folks really realize what a good slave flash can do for them and their digital camera.

I will put it his way. How would you like to have flash unit that you can use with your TELEPHOTO lens? Yes, great flash photos are possible at 50 to 60 feet.

Just ask me. I can help you.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:34 AM   #79

What does MCC stand for? Over here its the MARYLEBONE CRICKET CLUB. I don`t see a bat anywhere and the ball is a bit large.
geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 4:31 PM   #80

I`ve had a Vivitar DF200 slave flash for around 6 months now and have taken about 100~150 or so pics with it while using my Panasonic FZ20 and I can testified that has pretty muchworked as advertised for me. I recall thatI paid about $70 dollars for it online.

Still, there are some drawbacks with a slave flash. One drawback with a slave flash is that on my `20, I can`t mount the slave on the camerahot shoe because the pop up flash on my camera won`t elevate because the pop up isin front of the hot shoe and the DF200 blocks the pop up lift mechanism. The DF200 does come with a flash mounting bracket that screws into thetripod mounting hole which then places the DF200 to the side of the camera which of course then frees the popup mechanism. Keep in mind that without the pop up strobe, the slave won`t fire. I went ahead and bought a "L" flash mounting bracket at a local Ritz camera store for about $17. The "L" bracket moves the flash unit off to the side and also elevates the flash unit and also attatches via the tripod mount. The "L" bracket folds for ease of storage.

Another disadvantage of a slave flash is trying to use it outdoors. I was at a drag race one night and no matter what I tried, the DF200 would not strobe because it could not "see" the flash from the cameras pop up flash. I was about 40~50 feet from therace cars at the time. Itook the DF200 off, held it in front of the pop up, and blinded myself for a few seconds when the DF200 strobed. When I regained my vision,I ran back to my car and grabbed my old Vivitar 285HV flash unit, and it worked like a charm.

One last disadvantage, that I can think of, is that the on camera flash still will use battery power from the camera, which of course might be of a concern for camera owners with cameras thatthat require a lot ofbattery power.

All in all, slave units have their place, but I still prefer my Vivitar 285HV unit over my Vivitar DF200. I did have to buy a PC sync wire adapter in order to use my 285 on the "L" bracket, another $17, from a local camera shop. I`ve not had any "red eye" problems with the 285 mounted on said "L" bracket.

Have fun, and Happy New Year, JH :G
John H is offline   Reply With Quote