Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:19 PM   #1

I have the HVL F32x flash on my 828. Now I do not have the issues with them eating batteries, that others complain about, but to be prepared, is anyone using a battery pack with this unit. Is there one available? Can I make my own, It needs something like 7.2volts input, if I can find a battery with similair voltage, then I just replicate the terminals inside the flash (as though the 4 AA were there the whole time?

Any other advice??

dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2005, 11:52 AM   #2

dashboardgyno wrote:
Quote:
IIs there one available?
I don't know

dashboardgyno wrote:
Quote:
Can I make my own, It needs something like 7.2volts input, if I can find a battery with similair voltage, then I just replicate the terminals inside the flash (as though the 4 AA were there the whole time?
Yes, of course. Here is an idea:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/akouzmit/Battery_Pack/

7.2 volts is the equivalent of6 MiNH (or the old Nicad) cells (1.2 each), but the flash uses 4 AA, where did you get the 7.2v ?

The flash use 4 alkalines cell, I don't know how it will perform with 4 rechargeables at 4 x 1.2 volts (nominal), most of flashes works well . But I can't speak for this one.

For the connection, if you don't have a external power connector already, you can add one ( meaning open the flash, drilling, soldering, etc ... ) or making at least 2 dummy aa cells to have the + and - connection runinng out of the battery compartment.

Be aware that it can be a hassle having a cord + a battery pack etc ...
having 1 or 2 set of freshly charged NiMH AA in your pocket is another option.

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 9:30 AM   #3

thanks K Can, I noticed my math was off on that one... I currently use 4 rechargable AA's and it seems good, but alot of users say this flash eats the batteries. I thought by adding this pack, it would look more professional possibly and I would have even quicker recharge times.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks for your help.
dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote