Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:18 AM   #1

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=242803

I hear the 350D can only handle 6volts and I've read at some random forum that this trigger is 12v and can damage my camera. Anyone know?[
crash331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2005, 2:08 AM   #2

All this crap is so confusing. Now I am reading that even with an IR transmitter, a preflash will trigger the IR unit so I am in the same boat as with the pop-up.

What the hell can I put in the hotshoe of my Rebel XT so it will fire slave flashes without the need for a $400 radio transmitter or cord. I'd like to keep it under $70.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:19 AM   #3

crash331 wrote:
Quote:
I hear the 350D can only handle 6volts and I've read at some random forum that this trigger is 12v and can damage my camera. Anyone know?[
IMO, no one design a camera which could be unsafewith at 12V. It's a question of enginering ... self respect :lol::blah:
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:06 PM   #4

I've called Canon twice and they said only 6 volts on the 350D both times. I got the interfit IR transmitter today and am using it, so I hope it doesn't fry my shutter.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:27 PM   #5

Does anyone know for sure on this? I measured the IR device and it does indeed put out a constant 12v. Will this be safe on an XT?
Old Nov 2, 2005, 7:27 PM   #6

You can also use a Wein safesync , I guess it will work
Old Nov 3, 2005, 1:40 AM   #7

Now Now K stop advertising goods of doubtful quality. I got a design down to a transistor and thyristor plus a few resistors. MOC 3020 cost £1. against transistor .09p plus thyristor 50p. Who called me a cheap skate.
geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 12:56 PM   #8

Geriatric,

I can't comment on the reliability or quality of wein devices (I don't have any), my opinion is that cost too much for it's function, that's all. On the other hand, not everyone have the dexterity to put together optocouplers and resistors, etc … that's why I think wein still has it's market . It's something to be considered when you don't have other solution.

crash331, some related thread, if you like to consider making something yourself:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...c.php?id=64667

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...c.php?id=59115

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ic.php?id=2183

Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:03 AM   #9

K

If members are too be believed, there have been many failures of this component. The one thats hard too believe is the member who received three new components in place of the original one that failed. I have never heard of a company that would do that. What happened too the member in India? I hope he has some joy with his experiments.

geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote