Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Mar 25, 2006, 9:21 PM   #11

Beckham-

I am certainly and surely taken aback by your very agressive and assertiveanswer. You asked for the facts. I gave them to you. And I guess that you did not like the answer. Need you to always this rude in responding to somebody who takes the time to answer you???? You may indeed be the very biggest newbie, but there is no reason to be so very rude is there???.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 9:59 PM   #12

My intention was not to be rude only to make the point that whilst im posting on a very informative and knowledgable forum it by no means, means that i know even the simplest things in regards to photography. I have no idea of costs or of reputable brands so i am unaware that certain products are ultra expensive and only available to certain individuals are business'. Like i said my intention was not to be agressive or be rude only to state that i knowpractically nothingabout photography but would like to learn and if i gave that impression i apologize i just dont want to spend money and venture down the wrong avenue so to speak. and thank you for taking the time to respond to my queries.
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:44 AM   #13

The main thing we can do here is to exchange information and share experiences. In that way we help each other.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:26 AM   #14

Beckham wrote:
Quote:
All i wanted was for someone to recommend a flash that wil at least give me decent enough light with good recycle time is that too much to ask.
Any generic flash with manual power control will do (manual partial power as 1/4, 1/16 , etc ...) Of course, if you set at low power output, you gonna have very short recycle time, at the price of a less powerfull burst.

So, choose the most powerfull flash within you budget with manual control . (for example, mine is a Metz 45CT-4, cost about 200$ used, at "winder" mode, can keep up to 4-5 frame per second)
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:41 PM   #15

I'm not sure what flash you should buy, but make sure you can return it or at least test it out on your camera first. Some flash units do not sync. right on all digital cameras. I learned the hard way. and this includes slave flash units also.

I have an olympus c770 and only their fl20 flash unit works right all the time all others are hit and mis at best. Being along time 35mm camera buff this was never a problem. Test it out out on your camera first. Also see what kodak recomends.

good luck.
ruggs28 is offline   Reply With Quote