Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Mar 20, 2006, 4:54 PM   #1

I would like to know from Nikon camera owners if there is any third party flash for Nikon which will cost less than SB-600 and can be used both as dedicated & slave flash. I fineeven if that does not support all lastest features.

Thanks in adavance.
vsrinu30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2006, 2:18 AM   #2
E.T

Metz 54 AF 1 N would work fully with Nikon but basing to manual it doesn't work as slave, that feature is available in 54 MZ i by using slave adapter instead of camera/brand specific dedicated adapter.

Sigma EF-500 DG Super's Nikon dedicated model would work also as slave, but I would check what experiences people have had with it on camera you have...
When selecting flash for myself I noticed some complained about inconsistent exposures with EF-500 DG Super in (Konica)Minolta cameras and now in KM DSLR forums there's thread were one Minolta dedicated model made real nightmare exposures.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 8:28 AM   #3

Thank you, for the infomation you gave me. Sigma DG 500 super is one model which i am also considering. I will try to check with other Nikon users if they had any serious problems with Nikon D50 which i own.
vsrinu30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:10 AM   #4

Vsrinu, you can get SB600`s alot cheaper than Highstreet Shops on Ebay,thats if you don`t mind buying "imported" from Japan or China

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nikon-Speedlig...QQcmdZViewItem

For that price ,I will be purchasing mine from here when Iget around to buying one.

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote