Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:03 AM   #1

Hi Folks,

I own a Sunpak 443 flash factory fitted dedicated for Nikon film cameras, as now I own 3 digitally cameras a Panasonic FX-20; Fuji S-9500 & from last week a KM Dynax 7D (With an a Unomat brand adaptor from old Minolta hot regular shoe to those unique ones from today!). For so; I want to ask you very heart fully if I cut the 2 "Non Usable" dedicated contacts, from inside the plastic shoe...leaving only the central one...can happen something wrong with the unit?

Today I cover with a cello-tape such "Non in Use"...Nikon, two rear & one on the front dedicated contacts.

Thanks very much for your kindly response & advice,

Cheers,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:51 AM   #2

Alex 007 wrote:

Quote:
For so; I want to ask you very heart fully if I cut the 2 "Non Usable" dedicated contacts, from inside the plastic shoe...leaving only the central one...can happen something wrong with the unit?
Absolutely not. In fact thereare 3 dedicated contacts for Nikon film TTL protocols (not counting the center one). One for flash ready,one for monitor, and one for flash cut-off signal . Cuttingthe wires is like isulating them with plastic. Just make it possible to reconnect them if one day youmay need so.

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 1:35 PM   #3

Hi KCan!

Thank you so much for your rapid reply, as really never I will necessitated such other 3 contacts, as don't own any film Nikon camera, this flash I brought in it at our locally "Flea Market"...for $:5.00...! My two digitally cameras with Non interchangeable lenses use ONLY centrally hot shoe contact, for the Dynax 7D I can use this lovely strobe at "Manual" setting the speed to 1/60..., at 200 Iso F:5,6..., so the Auto setting will evaluate the flash output well, if it's not 100% exactly I can open half stop more so be as I want to be.

I will open the screws...& cut the wires, as you indicate me...leaving only the central contact & the side spring.

Our Lord will bless you for your cute response!

Cheers,

Alex 007:|

OK...I cut the internally wires and cut also the springs that made such 3 "Unused" Nikon contacts "Springiest"...leaving 3 smallest rectangular holes. Check the flash operation with my "Unomat' adaptor on my Dynax 7D...works terrifically. Thank you!
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote