Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:14 AM   #11

Okay, looks like it should work without modification, but it doesn't seem to flash at all with my camera - I can manually press the button and get a flash, but camera doesn't seem to recognize it - or I don't have the flash set properly. Perhaps it is just settings and I just need to get my hands on a manual for this flash - but if you know of a link that might help teach me a bit in the meantime, I'll be happy to check it out.

Thanks again for your help!

Kayceespix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 9:26 PM   #12

The manual that came with the camera probably has info on using a hot shoe mountedflash unit. I`ve taken hundreds of flash pics with my Panasonic FZ20using a hot shoe mountedVivitar 285 flash unit.
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 6:57 AM   #13

Yes, and after posting my query yesterday I found lots of great links with great information - but still no dice on getting the flash to fire when it's attached to the hotshoe on my camera. I think I just can't get it to screw down tight enough - I get it in place and as tight as I can - and then I can't unscrew it easily, but it slides out pretty easy. I suspect it shouldn't do that - so I'm not really sure if I can overcome the trouble or not, or if I just need to acquire a bracket.
Kayceespix is offline   Reply With Quote