Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Jun 23, 2006, 5:36 PM   #11

Only the SB800 can control other flashes (the SB600 or another SB800) wirelessly when attached to the D50.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:47 PM   #12

Would it be "overkill" to purchase the SB-800 for the D50, or should I just get the 600? I've reached an agreement with my hubby that I'll purchase a flash and learn the camera and lenses I have before trying to buy any more lenses for my D50. After selling my Sony P&S, I figure to buy the SB-800, in case I want to buy a slave flash sometime down the road. (Way, way down the road) Would the D50 be able to use the extra functions of the SB-800?
SueSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 8:31 PM   #13

If I were you I would go ahead and get the SB-800 now. If you decide later you want an off camera wireless slave you will have the SB-800 to use as the Master to the SB-600 or SB-800 that you can add later. If You upgrade your camera in the future to a D70 or D200 you will already have the SB-800.

Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2006, 1:44 PM   #14

SueSee wrote:
Quote:
Would it be "overkill" to purchase the SB-800 for the D50, or should I just get the 600? I've reached an agreement with my hubby that I'll purchase a flash and learn the camera and lenses I have before trying to buy any more lenses for my D50. After selling my Sony P&S, I figure to buy the SB-800, in case I want to buy a slave flash sometime down the road. (Way, way down the road) Would the D50 be able to use the extra functions of the SB-800?
It's not overkill. The D50 can take full advantage of the SB800, and if you want to add multiple flashes to your setup, then you can purchase the cheaper SB600's to round out your lighting setup.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2006, 7:33 PM   #15

Thanks for your replies. I'm going for the SB-800. I may never be able to talk my husband into letting me spring for another flash, may as well go for the 800 while I can! :lol:
SueSee is offline   Reply With Quote