Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:45 PM   #1

I recently bought a Quantaray QTB 9500A Flash. Unfortunately, because it was used, it did not come with a manual. I am told that it will work with aCanon Digital Rebel XT, and I do have the Canon module. Past that, I have no idea how to get it to flash (yes I did actually connect it to the camera ;-) Any help in finding a copy of the manual, or just general how-to tips would be greatly appreciated!
bepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:06 PM   #2
Administrator

Quantaray is the brand sold by Ritz/Wolf Camera Stores (they rebrand other manufacturer's products with the Quantaray name). I don't know who makes their strobes.

So, you may try a local Ritz/Wolf to see if they have a manual you can look at for one:

http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/531660793.htm

From what I can tell, there isn't a whole lot to it. You should be able to put it on Auto and get it working with a camera that it supports. It's also got two manual power settings (either full or 1/16th).

Are you sure you've got the right foot for it? You'll probably need the Canon EOS foot unless you want to use manual power settings (see them listed on the Wolf page above). The model number for it appears to be QDA-CAF.

I'm assuming that it will work with Camera models using E-TTL or E-TTL II with the correct foot. But, I don't know of anyone that has one to find out.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:24 AM   #3
Mag

bepace wrote:
Quote:
I recently bought a Quantaray QTB 9500A Flash. Unfortunately, because it was used, it did not come with a manual. I am told that it will work with aCanon Digital Rebel XT, and I do have the Canon module. Past that, I have no idea how to get it to flash (yes I did actually connect it to the camera ;-) Any help in finding a copy of the manual, or just general how-to tips would be greatly appreciated!

Acording from information ive read on the internet it is the same flash as the Promaster FTD5700.... except Quantaray is only sold through
Ritz camera..Here is a link to the FTD5700.

http://www.promaster.com/support/boo...ls/FTD5700.pdf

Hope this helps,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote