Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:26 AM   #1

I need a bigger flash for my panasonic FZ7. trouble is it has no hot shoe. i have heard of optically triggered flashes, but none will stick to the camera body in any way. its for macro photos so i need it on the camera. has anyone any advice or recommendations? does the FZ7 send a signal out its usb port when it flashes? could a flash be hooked to that?
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:47 PM   #2

schmintan wrote:
Quote:
I need a bigger flash for my panasonic FZ7. trouble is it has no hot shoe. i have heard of optically triggered flashes, but none will stick to the camera body in any way.
Slave flashes often sold with a support that screw in the tripod mount

schmintan wrote:

Quote:
does the FZ7 send a signal out its usb port when it flashes? could a flash be hooked to that?
No
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:02 PM   #3

I just bought a slave flash for my Fuji 5500 on Ebay. It's a Sunblitz device that comes with a bracket to fit to the tripod screwhole under the camera. Check it out, you might find one to suit your cam.
aitch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 5:07 PM   #4

You might also want to look into the Vivitar DF200 slave flash. I bought mine for around $70 around a year and a half ago onlinefor my Panasonic FZ20 and it works fine. It also came with a bracket that mounts via the tripod screw hole on the bottom of the camera. I did buy a "L" flash mounting bracket for around $16 at a local Wolf camera store a short while later. The "L" bracket elevates the slave flash, which helps greatly in reducing "red eye".
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote