Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Fujifilm (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 32875] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/%5Brecovered-thread-32875%5D-31800/)

Pava Aug 17, 2004 8:17 AM

Hi everyone,not been a member for long on this site, as I have only very recently become a Fuji owner, but theknowledge& info I've gained has been brill.

My question: Does anyone know howto turn off the digital zoom on the S7000?

atlantagreg Aug 17, 2004 10:30 AM

I don't have that one in front of me right now, but if memory serves me correctly, you have to turn the mode dial to "Setup" or similar, and access the control for digitalzoomingit via the menu there.

Greg

kimbo Aug 17, 2004 6:14 PM

Go to page 28 of your S7000 finepix hand book, digitalzoom is always activated, the actual range of optical zoom and digital zoom is shown for various "Quality/Size Settings" eg.12M,6M,3M,2M,1Min the "Zoom Bar Display" you can operateyour camera inoptical zoom and then digital zoom as required.

Hope this Helps You!tin the displayn the Zoom Display Barro page

Pava Aug 18, 2004 7:12 AM

kimbo wrote:
Quote:

Go to page 28 of your S7000 finepix hand book, digitalzoom is always activated, the actual range of optical zoom and digital zoom is shown for various "Quality/Size Settings" eg.12M,6M,3M,2M,1Min the "Zoom Bar Display" you can operateyour camera inoptical zoom and then digital zoom as required.

Hope this Helps You!tin the displayn the Zoom Display Barro page
Thanks for the info, just goes to show that there is no substitute for reading the instruction manual. :mad:Still it would be nice to be given the choice ofbeing able tothis function on or off.

I have read that many "niggles" with this and other Fuji cameras could be resolved by Fuji making firmware updates available. We live in hope.

Thanks Pava

JerryF Aug 18, 2004 4:56 PM

If your S7000 is similar to my S602Z in the way zooming workd, set your quality setting to 12M (maximum quality).

When I set mine to 6M (maximum quality for mine), no digital zoom is available, only optical.

GoCubs Aug 18, 2004 10:15 PM

JerryF wrote:
Quote:

If your S7000 is similar to my S602Z in the way zooming workd, set your quality setting to 12M (maximum quality).

When I set mine to 6M (maximum quality for mine), no digital zoom is available, only optical.

JerryF is right, if you set your photo quality to one of the 12M settings, digital zoom is not available.

Pava Aug 19, 2004 6:53 AM

Many thanks for all your replies.

Pava

host Aug 19, 2004 8:48 PM

Just a note: You will have a zoom bar on your display that tells you when you using the digital zoom on the smaller resolutions. There is a line that separates the two so you know what your using. Also, the Fuji will stop zooming when you have reached the maximum optical zoom and you have to let off the button and then push down again before it will go into the Digital Zoom area.