Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Fujifilm (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/)
-   -   Everyone Here Taking Advantage Of The $50 Rebate? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/everyone-here-taking-advantage-%2450-rebate-132376/)

Barry in Dallas Nov 15, 2007 10:05 AM

Hey All,
I think it's only good in the US and Canada but the low price I paid for the S8000 ($329) got even lower. It's good until the end of March 2008. If you want a copy of PDF file form for it without going through Fuji's website, I'll send it to you, you have to have Adobe reader to view it,
[email protected]

rinniethehun Nov 15, 2007 11:09 AM

Did you get a rebate for your S8000? I was unable to find any rebate forms or rebate information on the US Fuji site. Are you referring to the $50 rebate for any Fuji camera over $250? I have seen .pdf rebate forms stating this, but they appear fake, e.g., an incomplete address on the form. I emailed Fuji over a week ago regarding this rebate, but have yet to receive a reply. If it's valid, it seems to be a closely guarded secret. Let us know...I believe I'm qualified to receive a rebate.

the Hun

Barry in Dallas Nov 15, 2007 11:45 AM

Offer good on purchases 1/01/07 through 3/01/08 for Fuji cameras that cost less than $200 ($30 Rebate) and Fuji cameras that cost over $200 ($50 Rebate) for those living in the 50 States and the Caribbean Islands only.
Click on Life's a Blur page and choose Save (to your computer). When you open the file you will have to scroll down to page 2 for the coupon.
Note: the UPC code you will need to mail is the label with 12 digits..

http://cid-fd7251a7d7d9af7a.skydrive.live.com/... ...Life%7C4s%20a%20Blur.pdf

rinniethehun Nov 15, 2007 4:23 PM

Barry,

Thanks for the form. It's the same one I saw elsewhere, but at least yours has a PO Box #, and a department. I received a reply to my email from Fuji, which stated that they were unable to answer my question based on the information given (I even included a link to the rebate form), and suggested I call Fuji. I did, but after speaking to three different people, the fourth person (and supposedly the correct individual for this offer) was unavailable (I left a message).

Have you had any contact with Fuji? If this is legitimate, I can't understand why they don't have the offer on their web site. Do you know where this form was originally published? There is a date of 10/3/06 printed in the upper left hand corner of the form.

Should be interesting...time will tell.
the Hun

Barry in Dallas Nov 15, 2007 4:33 PM

Hun,
I originally got the link to the form from someone in the Fuji forum on www.dpreview.com He's already gotten his $50.00, took about 45 days to get it. I sent Fuji everything I needed except the original invoice that came with my package (I ordered my camera online) so I sent them my order confirmation e-mail from www.buy.com I hope they accept that as proof of purchase.

Barry in Dallas Nov 16, 2007 6:44 AM

My rebate is on the way :) Just got this from Fuji...

"Dear Barry Nelson: Thank you for participating in the Finepix Over $200. We have received your rebate information and will be processing your check shortly. To view the status of your rebate, please click on the link below. https://www.jjsheeran.com/ If you have any questions regarding the status of your rebate, please call our customer service department at 1-800-800-fuji. As a valued consumer we want to ensure you are aware of all the service and support information available through Fujifilm's web site. To review all the service and support tools available, go to www.fujifilm.com."

Nice to see such great customer service in this day in age

richyrich Nov 21, 2007 8:26 PM

Barry..I followed your links and got my package sent off today. It appears that it might be a us program only when I read the form. You sir, made me $50. Thanks very much!!:cool:

Barry in Dallas Nov 22, 2007 8:51 AM

Your welcome!! I hope I get my check before Christmas, maybe I'll get that filter adapter if it passes JH's test with the money.

rinniethehun Nov 29, 2007 5:37 PM

Received my confirmation email from Fujifilm/jjsheeran today. Thanks for the tip, Barry!

the Hun

rinniethehun Jan 17, 2008 7:35 PM

Barry,

Looks like our checks were mailed today. Thank you for posting that rebate link.

The Hun

rinniethehun Jan 22, 2008 5:58 PM

Got my rebate check today, and cashed it...50 buckeroos. You get yours today Barry? They were mailed the same day.

If you bought a Fuji camera in 2007, you qualify for the rebate. For those of you who are thinking of buying a Fuji, the rebate is good if you buy before 3/1/08. The form is in this thread - go for it.

Once again, thank you Barry in Dallas. Next time I'm in town, I'll buy you a beer.

the Hun

Barry in Dallas Jan 22, 2008 6:10 PM

Just a beer? LOL, I'll take a run n coke. I got mine today too. was shocked it was in the form of a postcard and no envelope, could have easily been stolen but it's safe and secure now. glad to see you got yours too.:D

rinniethehun Jan 22, 2008 7:14 PM

Another Cuba Libre for Barry the Hun...I mean Rinnie in Dallas...I mean...maybe I should take a cab back to the hotel...

the Hun

mtclimber Mar 15, 2008 11:24 PM

Just enjoy, Rinnie! I will be doing the same thing with my new S-8000 when I receive it next week. Many thanks to Barry in Dallas for pointing out the Fuji S-8000 to me. It is almost a hidden or secret camera. But none the less, it qualifies for a $50 Fuji Rebate.

Sarah Joyce

Barry in Dallas Mar 16, 2008 9:03 AM

Thanks Sarah,
Hope your enjoying the s8000. Have you used the zoom at full extention yet? Make sure you use the IS feature or have a tripod handy if you do. The pictures may not as clear or sharp as a DSLR zoom lens but damn good IMHO when you consider we don't spend almost $1000 or more for an extra lens and carry all that weight.

Barry

mtclimber Mar 16, 2008 12:47 PM

Barry-

That is the whole advantage of a super zoom. There are lots of people who don't want to spend the $$$ for a DSLR, or who are fed up with the bulk, size, and weight of a typical DSLR kit.

I odered the camera just yesterday, so I don't expect to see it till the end of this week.

Sarah Joyce

Barry in Dallas Mar 16, 2008 1:07 PM

Sarah,
Can't wait to see your first pics. I took the pictures below while I was in Florida during Christmas. These shot gave me a perfect oppertunity to check out the Wide Angle/Super Zoom ramge of the s8000. Perfect camera for anyone who hates changing lenses and as you say "weight" since it's my biggest concern since I have scars on my shoulders.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...amiSkyline.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...neFullZoom.jpg

mtclimber Mar 16, 2008 1:20 PM

Those are great looking photos, Barry!

I really like the availability of a wide angle position on the lens. I will be posting some samples as soon as I get the camera.

Sarah Joyce

Barry in Dallas Mar 16, 2008 1:41 PM

BTW, I love helping anyone I can, I have free long distance anywhere in N.America with Earthlink. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] along with your phone # and I'll call you back when you want if you need help with settings etc with your s8000. My number is 214-946-8378

Barry

mtclimber Mar 16, 2008 4:28 PM

Thanks Barry-

That is very kind of you. However, I am a professional digital camera instructor, so I can probably find my way around the S-8000. I will let you know if I have any problems.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber Mar 16, 2008 8:05 PM

Barry-

I know after reviewing your posts that you feel the the Fuji S-8000 has not gotten the attention that it deserves. Consider this:

The Fuji S-700 is a good little camera that has been pushed into the background simply due to it not being one of Fuji's famous ISO capable cameras. The Fuji S-8000 is suffering the same fate which is really unfortunate as it is a good 18X optical zoom camera. Because it is not a high ISO capable camera it has gotten far less attention than it really deserves.

Sarah Joyce

Barry in Dallas Mar 16, 2008 8:35 PM

Sarah,
Having once owned the s700, it's only problem was not having a true IS which thankfully the s8000 has. I have printed some decent (not great by any means) shots at 3200 and 6400 ISO after a little post processing and keeping them at 5 x 7 or smaller.

mtclimber Mar 16, 2008 10:57 PM

Barry-

While I have not received my Fuji S-8000, I did manage to convince a friend to take advantage of the $50 Fuji Rebate. She bought hers today at Best Buy.

Sarah Joyce

Barry in Dallas Mar 16, 2008 11:19 PM

Hope she gets her rebate, I thought you had to buy it BEFORE March 1st to be elgible and mail it in before March 31st. Hope I'm wrong.

Barry

mtclimber Mar 17, 2008 6:25 AM

Barry-

According to the Fuji rebate form which I have in my hand the rebate is good on sales made through 03/31/2008 and the rebate request must be submitted by 04/20/2008.

Sarah Joyce

Barry in Dallas Mar 17, 2008 9:28 AM

Must be another rebate, glad she's able to get in on the action, I have an entire thread on DC Resource dedicated to pictures from the s8000 and it's not very active :( Hopefully you can help me jump start it again. Will post the link in my next post if you want it.

Barry

edit: I just saw your name "speaklightly" on there, so nevermind. :P

mtclimber Mar 17, 2008 12:27 PM

Good Morning, Barry-

Yes, I am also active on the www.dcresource.com forum as well. As soon as I get the S-8000, I will be posting over there. I am glad to help out.

Sarah Joyce

Barry in Dallas Mar 17, 2008 12:45 PM

Good afternoon Sarah,
I just bought a K100d Pentax DSLR "like new" with a 200mm zoom,wide angle and macro lens for $525.00 on Ebay, also comes with a tripod and deluxe camera bag, seller also threw in an old K1000 35mm SLR. Sounds like a bargain. Since you teach digital photography, wadda think? Even if I don't use it, I think I could resell the "package" for a lot more.

Barry

mtclimber Mar 17, 2008 1:53 PM

Barry-

A lot of the value resides in the lenses. Are the lenses from Pentax, or third party makers? At first glance it looks good, but to honestly value the "kit" you would have to know tyhe specific contents.

Sarah Joyce

Barry in Dallas Mar 17, 2008 2:09 PM

Sarah, lenes are Vivitar, who seem to make those better than their digcams, my first digcam was given to me on Christmas 03 and it's better paperweight than a cameram reds were like a purple lollypup, gawd awful. Seller has a good feedback rating so we shall see. At the very least, I should get my money's worth if I resell it later. Googled K100D prices and even (body only) models are selling for $499 without accessories.

Barry

mtclimber Mar 17, 2008 7:14 PM

Barry-

Good Luck to you especially on this St. Patrick's Day! Vivitar lenses come from a wide variety of suppliers. I hope that you got one of the good ones, my friend.

Sarah Joyce

Dan Keefe Mar 23, 2008 4:36 PM

I wonder if anyone can tell me what I now own?

I have a Fujifilm S-800 camera (at least that is what is says on the box) and for some reason when I send a picture via Email most of the time it does not arrive with the Email.

Is is my camera or my Email setup?

Also, why can I never find any reference to the S-800 model on any website? I have gone to the Fujifilm website and found nothing.

Dan Keefe

Vista, CA

Barry in Dallas Mar 23, 2008 4:43 PM

Maybe it's because it's basically an s700 with one extra megapixel and not worth re-reviewing it. nothing else is different about it. the s700 also retains it's value, I sold mine two weeks ago for almost as much as I paid for it last August

Barry