Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Fujifilm (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/)
-   -   HS10 concerns..... (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/hs10-concerns-169083/)

vsanzbajo Apr 13, 2010 11:27 AM

HS10 concerns.....

I really like it. But I am a little worried about the time it takes the camera to save the shot in the memory card. Raw, almost 10 seconds, could that be normal, or I got a bad camera, could it be fixed by a software update?
This is my only issue with the camera. IQ is great, not a dlsr but really good, camera is light and very comfortable. The lens is very good, the zoom is amazing. Overall a great camera with the exception of the saving to memory card. Any ideas, how to fix this?

Tresman Apr 13, 2010 11:34 AM

First of all - I have'nt got the Camera yet. Secondly, what is the response time in JPG ?
Claus

vsanzbajo Apr 13, 2010 11:36 AM

4-5 seconds

mtclimber Apr 13, 2010 11:51 AM

That is one of the faults of the HS-10. It is slow to focus, it has slower shot to shot times, and it is slow to save .jpg and especially slow with RAW.

Fuji does not have a sterling record of providing firmware updates, so I would not hold my breath waiting for a firmware revision to improve these operational times.

Sarah Joyce

Photo 5 Apr 13, 2010 12:57 PM

Just to give you a basis to work off of when I had the Fuji S9100 for 18 months there was never a firmware upgrade available. Also with my pervious Fuji Cameras test S5100, used the S5200 and S9100 I never though they were slow or slow to focus and I did get 2-3 second jpeg saves with the Fuji S9100, raw on the other hand took 10 seconds.

dave

LTZ470 Apr 13, 2010 1:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtclimber (Post 1079032)
That is one of the faults of the HS-10. It is slow to focus, it has slower shot to shot times, and it is slow to save .jpg and especially slow with RAW.

Fuji does not have a sterling record of providing firmware updates, so I would not hold my breath waiting for a firmware revision to improve these operational times.

Sarah Joyce

Thanks Sarah I got my answer here from the PM I sent you today....

mtclimber Apr 13, 2010 10:59 PM

As I took additional photos today (04/13), although I did not actually time the time required to save a .jpg file, I really did not think that it was excessive. Slow, yes. But not excessive, sort of the typical Fuji action cycle.

Sarah Joyce

Cresho Apr 13, 2010 11:23 PM

is it that slow? is the s200exr different from the hs10?

I just pulled out my kingston class 4 16gb. I take raw and jpeg shots 1 shot and saves in one second both jpeg and raw.

if you don't believe me, ill pull out my hd1000 and record a short. If your talking about the buffering, then that's another matter but I can still shoot while 3-4 shots are in the buffer saving to sd.

Tresman Apr 14, 2010 1:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsanzbajo (Post 1079026)
4-5 seconds

That is, IMhumbleO, very long time !
Claus

Ancientritual Apr 14, 2010 2:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsanzbajo (Post 1079021)
I really like it. But I am a little worried about the time it takes the camera to save the shot in the memory card. Raw, almost 10 seconds, could that be normal, or I got a bad camera, could it be fixed by a software update?
This is my only issue with the camera. IQ is great, not a dlsr but really good, camera is light and very comfortable. The lens is very good, the zoom is amazing. Overall a great camera with the exception of the saving to memory card. Any ideas, how to fix this?

Almost 10 seconds for RAW :eek:, that renders RAW into the almost useless category...