Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Fujifilm (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/)
-   -   HS10 owners - are you experiencing this issue? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/hs10-owners-you-experiencing-issue-169020/)

Zenflasher Apr 12, 2010 7:50 AM

HS10 owners - are you experiencing this issue?
 
Got the oh-so-pretty HS10 on Friday and have been havig loads of fun with it!

However, I seem to be experiencing an odd issue - some settings, like picture size/quality, HD video settings, shutter and menu beep volume, etc. seem to reset themselves overnight. Now this didn't happen every day, as settings remained untouched this time.

Batteries are brand new, they were purchased with the camera. I'm wondering if this is a firmware issue or a defect in my unit. After all, software issues are not uncommon with early builds of a new piece of consumer electronics.

Thoughts?

vsanzbajo Apr 12, 2010 9:44 AM

I did not notice any of those issues. But let me pay closer attention.

DonalDuc Apr 13, 2010 4:02 AM

Throw away your brandnew batteries and use eneloops ... and issues are gone.

2raj Apr 13, 2010 2:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenflasher (Post 1078352)
Got the oh-so-pretty HS10 on Friday and have been havig loads of fun with it!

However, I seem to be experiencing an odd issue - some settings, like picture size/quality, HD video settings, shutter and menu beep volume, etc. seem to reset themselves overnight. Now this didn't happen every day, as settings remained untouched this time.

Batteries are brand new, they were purchased with the camera. I'm wondering if this is a firmware issue or a defect in my unit. After all, software issues are not uncommon with early builds of a new piece of consumer electronics.

Thoughts?

Many on DPR seem to have fixed similar issues by switching to Enloop or better NiMH batteries and also making sure the battery setting in the camera is set to NiMH. Hope that helps.

Zenflasher Apr 15, 2010 7:01 AM

Forgot to put the settings on NiMH -- everything is perfect now!

CraXJaX Apr 15, 2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2raj (Post 1079111)
Many on DPR seem to have fixed similar issues by switching to Enloop or better NiMH batteries and also making sure the battery setting in the camera is set to NiMH. Hope that helps.


There's a battery setting inside the camera menu??
What does that do? :confused:

Zenflasher Apr 15, 2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraXJaX (Post 1080291)
There's a battery setting inside the camera menu??
What does that do? :confused:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...s/DSCF6159.jpg

I believe it has somethiing to do with power management, I.E. how the camera gauges the amount of juice left in the batteries. Also, voltage varies from type of battery to another. An alkaline AA is 1.5 volts, while a NiMH AA has 1.25 volts, but a higer amperage.

CraXJaX Apr 15, 2010 12:29 PM

Oh got it.. Thanks... :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:22 PM.