Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Fujifilm (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/)
-   -   Steve's S5000 Report (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/fujifilm-22/steves-s5000-report-13325/)

rritter Sep 4, 2003 5:56 PM

Steve's S5000 Report

Steve’s S5000 Report. http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_...uji_s5000.html

Sounds like a winner to me. Looking forward to the S7000 report.
:D

Goofas Sep 4, 2003 9:50 PM

I sure do like mine!!! :D

veedee Sep 5, 2003 2:11 AM

Hehehe, same here... love it to bits. :)
Cheers,
veedee.

veedee Sep 17, 2003 9:12 AM

Oh boy, a lot of fighting today on dpreview.com's Fuji forum. Phil Askey released his latest reviews on S5000 and F700, giving them both "average".

Seems like it's really hard for one to be objective and not subjective these days.

Cheers,
veedee.

Majestic Twelve Sep 17, 2003 7:12 PM

S5000 file transfer

hi there

can anybody tell me if the s5000 creates a "drive" in windows 2000/xp when pluged ,so u can copy the pics by yourself (not using the propietary fuji software)

if it does create a drive, si sit plug and play or does it need a driver ?

thanks to all

p.s. sorry for my english

C-700 Owner

Goofas Sep 17, 2003 10:48 PM

Re: S5000 file transfer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majestic Twelve
hi there

can anybody tell me if the s5000 creates a "drive" in windows 2000/xp when pluged ,so u can copy the pics by yourself (not using the propietary fuji software)

if it does create a drive, si sit plug and play or does it need a driver ?

thanks to all

p.s. sorry for my english

C-700 Owner

yes it creates a drive without having to use the fuji software. Driver is included in windows xp.

Melvin V Sep 18, 2003 9:58 AM

From a beginner

I returned my 5000 today after 5 days.

Main reason :

Image Quality below expectations, not as good as other 3MP DC's.
Very hard for me (having no knowledge of shutter speeds, aperture, etc) to produce sharp images using standard settings, even using a tripod.

I do not think that it is just me, having read the various reviews on Steve's, DCResource and DPreview, their respective images do not look a whole lot better than mine.

Majestic Twelve Sep 18, 2003 10:07 AM

Melvin : could you please send me some of the poor quality pics your s5000 took ?

thanks

[email protected]
icq 8187243

veedee Sep 18, 2003 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvin V
From a beginner

I returned my 5000 today after 5 days.

Main reason :

Image Quality below expectations, not as good as other 3MP DC's.
Very hard for me (having no knowledge of shutter speeds, aperture, etc) to produce sharp images using standard settings, even using a tripod.

HARD????

What about the AUTO mode on the camera??? Or P mode??? It is THE same thing as with a Canon A60. And please don't tell me that a Canon A60/A70 is hard to use :)

Every beginner should start with the AUTO mode, then work their way up to P, then A/S/M.

As with image quality, I will not get into it again. Don't be offended, but if you are a beginner as you say you are, what more do you want? You want to print A3 posters? Quality on the screen not good if you resize to 1600x1200 or whatever your screen resolution is? I doubt it... :roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvin V
I do not think that it is just me, having read the various reviews on Steve's, DCResource and DPreview, their respective images do not look a whole lot better than mine.

I think the images on Steve's review look really ok. Also you don't return a camera based on pictures made by other people.

Sorry to say it, but for ~$400, you passed on an excellent camera. I think its only REAL concurents are Z1 and maybe Kodak's latest 10x.

Goofas Sep 18, 2003 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majestic Twelve
Melvin : could you please send me some of the poor quality pics your s5000 took ?

thanks

[email protected]
icq 8187243

I can send you some fantastic pictures mine took. :D