Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Sep 11, 2006, 6:51 PM   #1

I won the S1 pro on ebay and had to send it in for repair. I am waiting for the estimate. How much is reasonable to spend? I paid $200.00 initially. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:46 PM   #2
Administrator

That's up to you. Camera repairs can be expensive, depending on the problem, and what labor and parts are involved. Most manufacturers are going to charge a minimum of around $200 now to fix anything on a digital camera, even if virtually no parts are involved (just because of the labor). With a DSLR, the sensor is probably more than that, not even counting labor costs.

Keep us posted on what the estimate ends up being. It may end up being cheaper just to buy another one versus getting one repaired, depending on what's wrong.

For example, keh.com has two of them right now in excellent condition for under $400 (one is $310, the other is $364, and keh has a 60 day warranty on used gear).

Hopefully, it will only be a loose connection or something versus a major component failure.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:51 AM   #3

If the better move is to buy again, I may consider the S2 and take a look at what KEH's has to offer. Thanks Jim, I will know something Wed. Donna
Old Sep 14, 2006, 5:08 PM   #4

Well, the repairs on the S1 Pro will cost over $700, so I guess I just bought a nice doorstop. Donna