Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:56 PM   #1

Has anyone ever got this err message. When shooting my s2 pro I have been getting a err message when shooting. When this happens, it looks dark when your looking thru the viewer. When you press the shutter button again it will shot then look normal. I thought that I might be letting the light in & blinding the camera when the strobes fired but this has happended while shooting outdoors also.

Any suggestions??
in2photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2006, 3:33 PM   #2

Make sure your lens has the aperature ring firmly set to the full and locked position. If you recently changed lenses, it is possible you moved the aperature ring or it became unlocked.

You might also try cleaning the lens and body contacts.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:56 AM   #3

Thanks you for your reply, I tried tighten the ring to make sure that it was

tight when shooting but still I got that message. I also cleaned around the fittings.

Any thing else you think it could be???

in2photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:43 PM   #4

Try a different lens and see if the ERR message persists. If it does, it might be time for a call to the Fuji service center.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:40 PM   #5

Your not the only one!..

I've the same problem you have...First started to happen about three months ago wilst I was in the studio shooting some portraits for a client. I put it down to shooting to many frames at once causing the shutter to stick.

I called Fuji either way and spoke to there tech dept.. They told me that any time you get an Err message the only thing it can be is lack of power. That's not an issue with me as I'm using a Quantum pack.. They did offer to check it over for free and let me know if there was anything wrong with it..

Seems to me that it's a shutter issue , some thing causing the shutter to stick because once you turn the thing off and fire off another frame it seems to be fine for another 100 or so shots then it happens again.

TBH the camera turns out some nice shots but it seems to me that this camera came to the maket not quite finished, I shall never buy any other Fuji products infact I wish I had suck to Nikon when I made the change from film to digital..

Sorry I cant be of any more help, if you have any news on this problem , let me know please!

rcfoto
rcfoto is offline   Reply With Quote