Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:04 AM   #1

Hi, all.

I wanted to get some use out of my Nikon MF lenses....shame to waste such good glass....I'll still keep em to use with my 3 film bodies. I'd get a Nikon DSL, but don't want to spend too much as I'll use it as a teaching camera for the kids and a spare for me.

What do you think the Fuji S1 Pro body would be worth? How well does it work using MF lenses? Anything to watch out for on a used one? Something that might not show on initial testing.
Riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2007, 3:16 PM   #2

The Fuji S1 Pro will NOT meter with MF lenses. I will not Auto focus AF-S lenses either. I just picked up an S1 pro. Very clean body. Did a little trade and some cash for it. Produces some excellent shoots. I love the colour from it. I have a S1 Pro with a Sigma 28-105 and a SB-26. Total cash investment around 300 CND and that includes the 1 gb card I got for it.
fastoys2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:27 AM   #3

How about the D1. I also owned a D1. It's a very capable camera. It will spot and center weight meter with Nikon MF lenses. You should be able to pick one up for aroung 300 bucks.
fastoys2nv is offline   Reply With Quote