Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Jul 26, 2002, 11:06 AM   #1
Administrator

Default S2 Pro First Look Posted

Well, we finally got our S2 Pro and I have put together a fairly comprehensive first look at this interesting camera. I have even managed to get out between rain storms and put together a starter set of sample photos. Enjoy.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/s2.html

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2002, 10:46 AM   #2

Default S2 vs. D100

I noticed that the sample pictures of the model, compared with the D100 pictures, look a little over-exposed. The highlights aren't completely blown out, but the D100 definitely looks better at the default settings. I'm hoping that a half stop or so less will correct this. I'm looking forward to your extended coverage on the S2 once you've had it a little longer.

Shawn

One more thought... Was the same flash used for both the S2 and the D100 in the studio shoot?

[Edited on 7-29-2002 by SSonnentag]
SSonnentag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 12:28 PM   #3
Administrator

Yep, same flash units, reflectors, softbox and etc. And yes, he did "overdo" the S2 pics by 1/2 to 1 stop. I had no problem correcting them in Photoshop but they were definitely a little hot.

Fuji is rushing the heck out of me, we only have the S2 for another week so I am cramming as much as possible in a rediculously short amount of time. I don't like having advanced SLRs for less than a month to do it right.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 2:49 PM   #4

SSonnentag even with the over cooking there seems to be more detail? I am not sure thu a direct comarsion can be made as don't really know what the processing/lens has been used on each pic. Looks promising thu. Shame that Fuji is not letting steve have the camera for a proper test.
ashenfie is offline   Reply With Quote