Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:57 AM   #11

Dear Folks!

Decided to share with all of you...the whole photographed subject...same exposure as the fist one!:idea:

Peace.

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:32 AM   #12

Dear Fuji fans & owners!

The plant still growing & produce newer flowers...so here two examples from today...same equipment that before...enjoyed...

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:33 AM   #13

My promised second one!:?

Peace,

Attached Images

Old May 1, 2009, 10:48 AM   #14
Administrator

Hey Alex.

It looks like you're still having fun with your new S3 Pro. You've captured some nice images using it.

How to you like it compared to your other cameras?

I guess that having more than one camera capable of using the same Nikon mount lenses is a plus for you. It's too bad we don't have more members using Fuji dSLR models now.

Your eye as a photographer is probably more important than the equipment you're using, as I'm sure you know. If you post the images in some of the Post your Photos forums here, you'd probably get more comments (as your photos are quite nice).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 11:10 AM   #15

Hi my dear Friend Jim!

Honestly...I like more the color that provide my Fuji S3 among the Nikon D300...also that on my Fuji example I brought a cheaper lens...but...but how to explicate it...the Fuji delivers more pleasant final results.

Now you ask me among my others DSLR...the KM 7D...sadly to announce you that last week after a long while...suffer the "Disease"...FBI. I pray that maybe...maybe mine will free of the KM illness...but NOT! Among us Jim...the first shot is "Black"...after all work well...so i can live it for now! (My intention was to own a Sony FF D-900...As I own at least 7 FF/Film body Minolta mount lenses...!), but here in Terra Santa...the price of this 900 body don't drops...so during meantime NO!.

The Nikon D300...is faster, better viewfinder I added the Grip...so weights more that the Fuji...writes in the card faster also...so i will kept & use both of them during meantime...maybe later add a FF one...which???. Not decided yet!!!.:?

Yes agree with you I will post on some of "Post your Photos"...as you so cute advice me...thanks very heart fully for so!.:idea:

Cheers,

Peace,

Old May 1, 2009, 5:01 PM   #16
Administrator

For the types of photos you take more often (where you don't need real high ISO speeds), I'd get the Sony A900 at some point so you can use those Minolta lenses you still have. Of course, I'm biased towards Sony since I'm shooting with a KM 5D and Sony A700 now. :-)

Look at it this way....the Nikon D3x sells for more than twice as much as the Sony A700, and it's also using a 24MP Sensor.

Of course, it's a nicer camera in some areas. But, for your type of shooting you could print larger images with more detail from a 24MP Sony A900 without spending anywhere near as much as you'd need to spend to get the same resolution images from a Nikon model (D3x), and you could spend the extra savings on more lenses (for example, some of the nice Sony/Carl Zeiss zooms or primes). :-)

As for pricing, I doubt the prices for these camera models are going to drop significantly anytime soon in most regions. We'll have to wait and see, as the global economy is hard to read right now.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote