Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Dec 23, 2003, 11:29 PM   #11

But strangely I find myself not using that particular 85mm lens very frequently. I am shooting in a tiny space (basement studio), and I often don't have enough room to back up enough to fit the subject in view. It must be that 1.5x rule with the digital sensor. I use the 24-70 more frequently.
Jes&Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2003, 6:13 AM   #12

I have been reading through Thom Hogan's S2 guide and I came across an interesting tidbit regarding autofocus.

On the top of the camera, look at the LCD display. In the center of the lower half is a representation of the viewfinder with the selected AF sensor displayed. Does your selected sensor have a little + in it? If it does, you need to turn that off. You can do that by going to the back panel, pressing the function button. The second icon from the left says AF and it will have the + in the brackets. Press the button below the icon to turn the + off. The plus indicates dynamic AF (I think that's what it's called) which means the camera will select the AF sensor it thinks is best. But here's the rub - Thom Hogan says the camera will not show you the camera selected sensor, only the one you told it to use.

With the + off, the camera will ONLY use the AF sensor you have told it to.

I have had AF problems with my camera (yes my + was on), as have many others, if you read the forums. Could most of the AF issues people have been having be due to this? Silly design on Nikon's behalf, I think.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 2:07 PM   #13

Hi! amazingthailand,

about the MB 16 Battery Pack. It powers both parts of the S2? So I just have to is to keep freshly charged AA batteries and that's it??

I like to know, I really like to avoid buying so much 123's.

Thanks!!

Reindas.
reindas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 4:44 PM   #14

The MB16 replaces only the CR123's. It uses 4 AA's. You will still need to put 4 AA's into the S2 tray also. So that's a total of 8 AA's powering the camera, but no CR123's.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote