Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Jul 16, 2005, 4:24 PM   #11

I, too have just received the "black screen" while shooting in Cabo. My S2 pro is way over a year old and I haven't used it for a few months until the trip. I called my dealer in AZ and he said to call Fuji on Monday and that they are very aware of this problem and to request a replacement ccd. He also said that it costs $800 to repair and that Fuji is very aware that they have a bad batch of ccd's. He said tolet him know what the response is. Has anyone had any luck to replace the CCD black scrren for free when it's been quite a bit longer than a year?
azs2prolori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 11:08 AM   #12

Hi dear

recently my s2 take black screen but randomly!!

some times is ok but at that time make some one black.

after some tries i found that my shutter dont work and when i pushed DOF-check button it is going to be good and working.

totaly it work randomly! what can i do?

please inform me.

daemyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:30 PM   #13

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I just grabbed my Finepix S2 Pro today after about two weeks of not taking any pictures and I beleive I'm experiencing the black screen of death issue...

I didn't know about this problem until today when I just googled the symptoms. To others that have had this issue, did this just happen randomly all of a sudden?

I'm going to call B&H Photo where I bought my camera exactly two years ago, and I'm also going to call Fuji.

I hope to get some help!

Regards,

W-

wahalulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 8:13 PM   #14

Good news, I just received my S2 back from Fuji, no charge. It was the ccd and so far, there have been no problems. Fuji just asks you to send a letter explaining what happened, (my S2 is over 1 1/2 yrs old) and then they wanted it shipped to the New Jersey plant. I just happened to be in New York from AZ and stopped in and picked up my camera in person (less chance of shipping damage) and they were great over there. Good luck, I think that you will have no problem with Fuji.
azs2prolori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 7:11 PM   #15

That is great to hear! Wish me luck!
edwinabackinbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 3:03 AM   #16

This is exactly why I joined this forum. I haven't had this problem, but down in New Zealand it would be easy to strike something like this and unknowingly go to the Fuji agent and pay to have it fixed.

I haven't had the black screen problem at this point, but will definitely be chasing the serial number list mentioned if I do strike it.

Loving the camera otherwise; but I have one question. Using film cameras, I've often gone for the finer definition of 50 ASA film - even for motorsport, which is my main "earner" in photography.

I was a bit surprised when the S2 offered me "only" 100 ASA, until I saw some of these late model Nikon and Canon DSLRs only having 200 as their slowest film speed (ASA) option.

What gives?

mark baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 3:46 PM   #17

Hi there,

I've got the fuji s2 pro black screen of death today. there was no warning whatsoever from the previous days shooting, nothing i did caused it, its almost as if these beasts have longevity dates fixed to them from birth.

Can anyone in the UK in 2005 give me hints as to:
1. Where we can find a list of serial nos of bad batch s2 pro's/ ccd's?

2. Where in the UK can it be posted to (fujifilm) and can one wait around while it gets fixed as i have an urgent assignment to complete at work - has anyone in the UK had recent success with this?

thanks in advance
Si[img]images/emoticons/bash.gif[/img]
smurray66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 7:25 PM   #18

Hello, I just read your post and it so happens I have just looked the S2 problem site.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"http://jamfactor.com/dpreview/S2history

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Good Luck
jesflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 5:19 PM   #19

Thanks, I think i have seen this list before. Anyway, I wrote to Fujifilm from their site and the news so far is that mines is one of the serial nos suspected to have a faulty CCD / black screen. I have to send it to them, will keep you all posted as to whether this will be free :?- it better be!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:16 PM   #20

Fortunately Fuji replaced/fixed theblack screen of death free and out of warranty, itonly took a week. http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/technical/ ask a question and it will get posted to Fuji who will email you back,with a refernce etc and then you just reply to any questions they ask, they will then direct you back to the site where you put in a ref/tracking no. and post it off.