Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Oct 7, 2002, 12:38 PM   #1

Default S2 picture quality

I was at PhotoShop World a few weeks ago and attended an evening session with photographers...sort of a digital shootout....many different types of equipment and styles of photography.
One Photographer, not an instructor just a student, I think he was from Tallahasse?, brought a 40" X 50" print from his S2. It was rolled up and printed on some canvas type stock. It was a head shot of a blonde model and to give an idea of scale, her teeth were each the size of a floppy disk. I held the print and even at a few inches the image had no grain or breakdown that I could discern...I'm kind of fussy in this area as my film choice is fine grain Kodachrome. What blew be away was this was NOT a raw file, NOT even a TIFF file, but a FINE JEG. The shooter claimed that is was unretouched except for a little glare in the eyes. The image was not sharpened or color corrected. Totally awesome.
geyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2002, 11:17 PM   #2

I'd love the lens he used then, must be super sharp.
surfworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2002, 10:32 AM   #3

I was so blown away by the giant print I didn't ask what lens he used. Since it was a studio shot I'm sure it was in portrait range.
There were at least 50 people crowding around this print and no one else asked what lens.
geyer is offline   Reply With Quote