Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:17 AM   #1

Hi

For the last 6 monh i`ve been shooting my S2 Pro with either Metz 50MZ5 or Metz 32MZ3, indoors, mostly bounce flash pics, and I always have to set a + 2.0 overexposure so the photos are not totally dark. I later correct the histogram on P shop and get acceptable 8x10 copys.
But also happens when I shoot with my Sunpak DX-12R and Nikkor 105 F2.8 Micro, most shots are at least 2 points underexposed.
Any solution ?
Thanks, and Happy New Year !
agott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2005, 6:59 PM   #2

Great question. I experience the same thing with my S2 using a Nikon SB-800...I usually crank up the flash output to compensate than tweak in Photoshop. Any ideas out there? - Dan
irish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:24 AM   #3

:|I use bouce flash on 90% of my wedding candids week in and week out.

Here is how you do it successfull with the sb80 andI guess it will work with yourflash unit also.

Set flash on ttl. Set camera on manual (no plus or minus neccessary on exposure compensation). I usally use 400 ISO. Set sutter speed as desired up to 1/125. Set f stop at 5.6. Make an exposure, if it under exposed open up, if it is over exposed close the lens down. Believe it or not this technique is very simple to get the hang of and you will be in charge of your exposures and right on the money in no time.

You can even use this technique in large rooms by going to 800 ISO.

I love the S2 images and have perfected this technique. You may see thousands of examples on my web site, www.duncanphoto.com. Go to wedding pages and se example of weddings, storybook albums.
Jim_thephotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:20 PM   #4

Hi again

Thanks for the tip,
But the problem is that all pics look just great on the display, but as soon as I open them with photoshop (or any other software), they are all about two stops u-exposed.
When I shoot everexposing +2, the picure looks really overexposed, so I get chills and shoot again with only +1/2
But hen again, as I open them on P-shop, the first is quit allright, and the second under...

Nobody from Fuji around ?

Thanks

Alex
agott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:44 AM   #5

Quote:
But the problem is that all pics look just great on the display, but as soon as I open them with photoshop (or any other software), they are all about two stops u-exposed.
If you are refering to the camera's LCD, when you say display, don't use the LCD to judge ANYTHING. Use your histogram!!!!

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote