Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Apr 7, 2005, 9:42 PM   #1

Whenever I open photos from my S2 in Photshop, they have a greenish cast to them. I can fix the problem by running auto color and auto levels in Photoshop, but it doesn't seem like I should have to do that. They seem to look fine on the camera lcd - they just have the greenish cast when I open them in Photoshop.
Samala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2005, 5:15 AM   #2

Hi Samala,
It could be a number of things, first thing I would think of would be a white balance setting. Do they look like that in print? Is your monitor accurately displaying colors? Not sure there could be more, but you might have more luck in the Fuji Digital SLR forum here on Steve's http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=60 . This one is more for the consumer Fuji's. Good Luck.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 9:58 PM   #3

What's the pictures look like in playback mode on the camera?
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:35 AM   #4

They look fine in the playback mode on the camera.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 7:16 PM   #5

Does this happen on EVERY picture, or just some?
Are you shooting JPG or RAW?

If it happens on every picture, then I would say it is a white balance problem. Check to see what your white balance is set at on the camera. Is it AUTO or ?

If it is auto, try setting it to Daylight (assuming you are shooting under daylight conditions or with flash). If it is set to something other than auto, try setting it to auto. It sounds very much like it might be set to fluorescent.

If you are shooting raw, what color temperature is your raw convertor telling you?

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 8:03 PM   #6

This does happen on every picture. I have white balance set to auto. I haven't tried it on the other settings as of yet. It also occurs on both raw, jpeg, and tiff settings. As I stated earlier, it looks OKin the camera viewfinder, but it looks greenish in Photoshop. By the way, I open the images from a campact disk reader through the open command in Photoshop. Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:26 AM   #7

Have you ever done a custom white balance? All of my images had a green cast until I did a custom white balance. At first, I didn't really understand what a custom white balance exactly was, but then I read up on it, tried it, and now my color is perfect.
Jes&Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 5:12 PM   #8

Samala,

You are not alone, trust me. I purchased my S2 approximately 1 1/2 years ago, and virtually every photo I've taken since then has exibited this same greenish cast. My camera has been sent back to Fuji (NJ office) four times since then, and each time they say it's working just fine. In fact, my camera just arrived this morning 10/4/05. I even emailed Fuji linked I came across on other Fuji/Photography forums that mention this problem, but they said they took between 30-40 photos with it and that it is working just fine. I will find out in the next few days, but I have my doubts since they've said that 3 times already.

I too have always used the auto white balance feature, but recently I purchased the Expodisc, hoping that this would help correct the problem. I've always thought that the greeenish cast was a result of the camera's inability to determine a proper white balance. Well, even with the Expodisc, which has gotten great reviews, I still have the same problem. During a telephone conversation with Expodisc they informed me that they had seen and heard of other S2 owners complain about this same greenish cast, and that the only camera that they've had difficulty using the expodisc with is the S2.

I find that the greenish cast can best be best removed by reducing the amount of cyan that exists in each effected photo. In Photoshop, go Image - Adjustment - Selective Color - then drop the color tab to Neutrals - then move the cyan bar to the left. Usually, anywhere from 2-5 usually does the trick. It might now be as good as having a proper white balance set, but it does remove the greenish cast. I'm going to try and set a custom white balance manually and see if that works, as the Expodisc just doesn't work on this camera.

If you find out anything please post it here. If I still have a greenish cast on the photos I take the next time I'm in the NY area I'm going to personally visit their office and resolve this issue once and for all. I know the problem isn't my eyes.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Carr is offline   Reply With Quote