Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Apr 11, 2005, 4:26 PM   #1

I purchased 2 newFUJIFILM 512 Meg XD cards for my S3. Neither card works in the camera (Shows "Card Error"), although my 2 OLYMPUS 512 meg cards work fine. The S3 will not recognize the cards, even to format them.

I took the Fuji cards back to the store, and they tried them in a Fuji S20 where they worked fine. I wound up returning them and purchased a 1 meg CF card.

Is this something others have experienced, or am I the lone ranger in this?

Dick Parrish,

Dick Parrish Photography

Dick_Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:41 AM   #2
Administrator

Dick:

I don't know if this was your problem or not. However, Fuji did release a firmware upgrade mentioningmedia compatibility ("Updates the compatibility for high capacity of storage media").

http://home.fujifilm.com/products/di...3pro/fupd.html

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 1:20 PM   #3

Thanks, but I had already installed the upgrade so I could control the S3 from my laptop.

Dick

Old Apr 28, 2005, 2:30 PM   #4

I dare say that maybe the problem is in your camera since I've never heard about this problem before...

moryoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:22 PM   #5

The thing that makes me think it may have been defective cards is I have 2 identical XD cards made by OLYMPUS, and they work perfectly. Also, other FUJI cards (128MB and 256MB work perfectly.

I've decided to just stay the course, with the Olympus XD cards, and the 80X Lexar 1gig Compact Flash cards, all of which are working fine.

I might try another Fuji card later when a new batch is available, but I'll try it in the store before actually buying it.

Old May 20, 2005, 7:52 AM   #6

Hi folks! I'd like to jump in here I experienced this same problem last weekend in my S7000 camera. I bought a Sandisk blistercard with a 512 Olympus Xd in it and when I tried it I rec'd a "Card Error" message. Thought it was bad card and returned it. Went to different store and bought another Sandisk blister card with a Fuji 512 Xd. Same problem, and I returned it. That evening I went to a third store and bought 2 512 Fuji Xd in Fuji blister packs that were on sale, opened one and still got the "Card Error" message. Had to do a shot the next day using only my older cards (1pc 512 & 2 pc 256) . Still don't know what the problem is...... and Fuji hasn't responded to my email. Seems to me there's some incompatablity between newer cards and older camera rather than just a Fuji/Olympus difference.
mtoolmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 9:23 PM   #7

well i had recently purchased a canon powershot S1 IS camera and had the same problem it would give me a memory card error the very moment i took the camera out of the box brand new, so i tried a 512 meg card that i also bought with the camera had the same error. I called cannon and they said it was a problem with the camera. I was pretty aggravated bought a brand new camera and just took it out of the box and it didnt work and cannon said i had to pay for shipping and handling to send it to be repaired, thank goodness i purchased it through dell they sent someone to pick it up at no charge and refunded my monney so i ordered a fuji S5100 no more cannon cameras for me.
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 9:46 PM   #8

When you got the card error error, did you try formating the card. When I had my Fuji e550 for about a week, the Olympus 512MB I purchased for it at the same time reported card error, and would not work in either the camera or computer. I formated in the camera, and it has worked fine since. If formating in the camera doesn't work, format in windows, then reformat on camera. Good luck!
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote