Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:00 PM   #1

Has anyone ever heard of or purchased anything from http://www.infinitiphoto.com? They are listing the S3 for $1699, which is freakishly lower than I have seen it advertised anywhere else. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the "catch" was. Are these cameras knock-offs, no US warranty, or something else that makes them so inexpensive?
Jes&Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2005, 5:27 PM   #2
Administrator

If a price looks too good to be true.....

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller9662.html

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:37 PM   #3

Order 25 for me! I'll give you an extra $5.00 per camera for your trouble! Lemme see...that's $42,600.00 after you get them to me. Since reputable dealers sell them for $2,499.95 each, I can probably Ebay them for $2,200.00 each & make $12,400.00 profit!!!

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is...
Old Apr 16, 2005, 8:44 PM   #4

The camera is probably grey market (no US warranty), will not have any accessories and unless you buy the accessories and other over priced addons, the camera will not be in stock.

I think another turnip truck just arrived....

LOL

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:04 PM   #5
Administrator

Declan hit the nail on the head...

That's the typical game you see. The first clue is a Brooklyn address. Most of the vendors playing this game are located in Brooklyn (nooffense meant to anyone from that area). For whatever reason, they seem to be able to get away with it there.

Always read customer reviews for any vendor you are considering using http://www.resellerratings.com

You can see the reviews for this vendor at the bottom of the page at the link in my previous post.

Personally, I avoid any vendors with a small number of reviews, too (vendors have been known to pad their own ratings).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:05 AM   #6

Thanks for the advice and link to the seller review page. They certainly sound like a shady operation.I guess it's true that if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:52 AM   #7

Has anyone ever bought from Price Rite Photo? They also seem to have lower prices on the S3, but much better reviews.