Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Jul 22, 2005, 12:19 PM   #1

Hi, newbie here. Does anyone have any problems with battery life on the S2 ? I've taken out the 123's but I still get low battery indications within half hour of inserting a fresh set of batteries. The batteries are high powered 2350 nimhs so should last longer. Also, does anyone recommend a good repair company (if needed !!) in the UK ?
burnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2005, 7:55 AM   #2

Before you take your S2 in for repair, I suggest you check your batteries again. Make sure that your batteries are fully charged. Many chargers, especially timed ones, will not fully charge the batteries.

You can get a rough idea of how long it should take to charge your batteries. Look at your charger and find the charging current (say 500 mA). Then divide that into the rating of your batteries (2350/500 = 4.7 hours). So about 5 hours to a full charge.

I would definately keep the CR123's, as they power the AF, onboard flash and other items. But make sure they are fresh. Run down 123's will create problems.

With fully charged 2350 mAh NiMH batteries, you should be able to get 400 plus shots. But one thing to remember, NiMH batteries self discharge over time, so leaving them sit after charging will see them deplete slowly. Also, the camera uses a small amount of battery power, even when off. So always do a recharge of your batteries before going out for a shoot.

I assume you have more than one set of AA batteries. Try fully charging another set and see what sort of life you get.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 5:24 PM   #3

Thanks for that - it does seem to have been the charger. I splashed out on a Ansmann Energy 8 model and recharged all the batteries. Helped a friend at a wedding today and took loads of batteries as per usual (8 spare sets - bit of a pessimist). In the end I took over 300 shots on one set ! The old charger has been consigned to the bin.
burnie is offline   Reply With Quote