Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Aug 7, 2005, 5:05 PM   #1

Yesterday I was shooting at a RE/MAX party and met a pro photographer, we exchanged about my new D50 and my interest in the up coming D200, he advised me to wait on the new Fuji film a 9mp camera that will offer more then the D200 and D70s at a lower price.

He also showed me the features on his S2 and explained why didn't upgrade to the S3 but prefer waiting for this new advanced model.

Anyone has more info?

Rgds
jobi64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2005, 8:49 AM   #2

S4, not likely. Not this soon, they just released the S3.

Most likely this is what he was refering to:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/fu..._s9000_pr.html

Will there be an S4? Unknown. The S3 is not selling well, the Nikon N80 body, upon which the S2 and S3 were based, is now discontinued. If Fuji could not get a better body for the S3, what are they going to do for an S4?

An F100 body would be nice, but...... Well, time will tell, but no Nikon mount S4 in the immediate future.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:46 PM   #3

Actually I speculated on the name, all the photographer said was a much improved camera then S2-S3 supplied with a new Fuji lens 18-200mm strait out of the box.

I am sorry it's all the info I have, I was kind of hoping someone would know more and fill me in. I will defiantly ask him more info

Rgds

I don't know maybe that's the camera he was talking about? However this doesn't look like a pro camera to me? at least not for him to upgrade with.

jobi64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 9:09 AM   #4

jobi64 wrote:
Quote:
Actually I speculated on the name, all the photographer said was a much improved camera then S2-S3 supplied with a new Fuji lens 18-200mm strait out of the box.
This last comment about a new Fuji lens 18-200mm, implies an attached, non removable lens. Except for the focal length, sort of points to something very similar to the S9000. Definately not something like the S2/S3 dSLR's.

Quote:
I don't know maybe that's the camera he was talking about? However this doesn't look like a pro camera to me? at least not for him to upgrade with.

Pro is in the mind of the beholder, and the marketing department!!!

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote