Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Apr 14, 2003, 7:07 AM   #1

Default FUJIFILM FINEPIX S2 PRO DIGITAL CAMERA

FUJIFILM FINEPIX S2 PRO DIGITAL CAMERA
I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED THE ABOVE CAMERA, AFTER TAKING MAXIMUM 30 SHOTS, I HAD TO CHANGE THE AA ALKALINE BATTERIES. AFTER REPLACING THE BATTERIES WITH NiMH BATTERIES, THE CAMERAS TOP DISPLAY SHOWED 'ERR' MESSAGE, WITH NO FUNCTIONS OPERATIONAL.
I HAVE CHANGED THE BATTERIES, WITH FRESH ONES, AND ALSO USED AC ADAPTOR, STILL THE PROBLEM PERSISTS.. I WOULD LIKE OWNERS OF SIMILAR CAMERA TO GIVE THEIR VALUABLE TIPS AND ALSO ANY EXPERT OPINION WILL BE VERY USEFUL, AS I AM NOT ABLE TO TAKE ANY PICTURES.
NOTE: SL.NO. OF THE CAMERA IS 23A09086
ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2003, 8:47 AM   #2

First off, please turn off your caps lock. At least I find it easier to read with mixed case.

But on to your problem. I should say up front that I have no experience with the S2. I've heard that it is a nice camera, though.

How old are the batteries? When was the last time you charged them? NiMH batteries loose their charge just by sitting around, so they could easiy have been close to dead if you hadn't touched them in a few weeks.

You also might want to post the question in the dedicated Fuji forum. You might find more people who know about this camera.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2003, 2:42 PM   #3

I haven't got the camera yet, but a few days ago I was in a camera shop and the seller gave me the camera so that I could play with it. He also had the 'err' display and he didn't know what to do. He was changing lenses, cards etc... Until I told him to check the batteries for propoer insertion. The 'err' went away. Make sure that your batteries (AA and Lithium) are inserted correctly.
MikePL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2003, 8:16 PM   #4

The S2 has 2 sets of batteries. Take both sets out and wait a minute or so.

Put ONLY the fresh AA's in. Turn the camera on. Do you get ERR message? If NO, then your CR123's need to be replaced.

If YES, check and see if the aperature ring on your lens is locked for auto mode. If not, lock it, then try again.

Both dead CR123's (or dead AA's) give the ERR message, as does an aperature ring that is not locked down for full auto mode.

Hope that helps.
Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2003, 10:57 PM   #5

Ive heard of the problem with very few S2. It could be inherent in that particular camera. Go to fujifilm.com and the professional section. Find the S2 in there and I believe you will find a message regarding that problem and a list of serial numbers that are effected
shelz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2003, 9:43 PM   #6

The advice about batteries and or f stop is correct. I don't think you should worry about the serial number showing up on the recall list as that was much earlier. My S2 is # 23A00xx, and I got it in late July. Never a problem except when I inadvertently changed the f stop in the midst of shooting and changing lenses. The F stop err blinks.

Take the 123's out completely and shoot. The only thing they are really, but not quite for is the internal flash... I use my SB-28 anyway. Good luck with the camera, it's a wonderful tool.
M. Haner is offline   Reply With Quote